PDA

View Full Version : Bracelets and scarflettes!

TEMA
11-22-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm having a great time knitting and crocheting for Christmas but I'm not doing anything hard - nothing that needs a pattern.
I love to make knitted bracelets and cover them with buttons or with crocheted flowers that I buy secondhand.... but always with a button holding them on.
Lately I've also been making scarflettes. These are so easy and I used a circular needle for the first time for one of them.
But mostly I just knit them straight and with a buttonhole or two and some nice buttons to close.
The one I just finished today is made with a very soft blue yarn from Bernat called (as far as I can tell) - LuLu. I got it from ValuVillage and decided to give it a try. It worked up nicely. I didn't bother to leave a hole for the button but just used the scarf as is with a button on one end and the button going into one of the holey bits at the other end.
It's to be a gift for an online friend. She's often bed-ridden and I thought it would at least keep her neck warm.
TEMA

To Knit or not to Knit, that is the question
:knitting:

MerigoldinWA
11-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Your little braclets sound like a lot of fun. Have fun giving your creations away this Christmas.

dustinac
11-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Everything sounds very cute!! We would love to see pictures when you are done. Your friend will love it! :hug:

TEMA
12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm going to try to post some pics today...
TEMA

TEMA
12-30-2008, 08:53 PM
These pictures are of one scarflette - my favourite one I wear all the time and one knitted red bracelet that I added some crocheted flowers to.
The flowers were part of a doily that I found at the secondhand store and decided I could do something with.
The scarflette is basically a long piece of garter stitch... a c.o. of about 24 stitches and just knit til you don't want to knit any more... LOL!
I love the buttons on this one. They are big and heavy coat buttons from an earlier decade that I happened upon in a rather scrappy pile of crappy buttons... my lucky day!
TEMA:knitting:

GirlChris
12-30-2008, 10:02 PM
both are really cute and very creative ideas!