PDA

View Full Version : No time to knit

Raven Fyre
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I couldn't figure out how to do a new thread so I'll just post it here, I wonder if anyone else feels they don't have time to knit?
Personally as a new mom I feel overwhelmed just with taking care of a 2month old boy and keeping up with the laundry. How do you guys that have children find time to knit I've packed all my needles and yarn into a plastic tub and stored it in the basement as I feel I have no time, does anyone have any suggestions or should I leave my hobbie packed up until my son is older?

Jan in CA
12-02-2008, 04:05 PM
I moved it to it's own post. Just click "new thread" to start a new one. It's best not to post in the middle of a different topic.

bethany
12-02-2008, 04:12 PM
First, congrats on new baby! Second, who needs clean laundry?! ;) Give yourself a little more time to get on a good schedule, when baby will take more regular naps and you'll find the time more. For now, nap when baby does. Maybe keep a small project bedside to help lull yourself to sleep--if you need that! Best wishes!

NC Girl
12-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Yes, congrats on the new baby.

I will be watching this thread too because I really don't have time/inclination to knit much anymore. I work three jobs and all three are typing. By the time I'm finished with work, my hands and arms are so tired, that it's all I can do to pick up my knitting needles.

Abbily
12-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Congratulations on the new baby! Hang in there, life does get easier than it is with a 2 month old. :) I remember everything seemed kind of surreal when my kids were that little. Wait till you are getting decent sleep, and then everything else will seem more possible. :)

TEMA
12-03-2008, 06:12 PM
When my second child was born, I was a quilter and I soon found out how much I could get done in 2 minutes.
My advice - since knitting is a sure way to sanity - KNIT... make blankets in 2 minute, 10 minute, etc. intervals. I know it will seem useless to you at the time but you'd be surprised how much you get done. Your sanity will be saved and you will have a wonderful project to show for it. Knitting is mobile, you can always put it down when you need to or carry it with you to dr appts. (I did a complete hand-made quilt doing this)
Just don't do anything too fancy! LOL!
TEMA
:knitting:
To Knit or not to Knit, that is the question.