PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE! Puppy has a name

Indygirl
12-03-2008, 05:26 PM
This is my new little girl. She is a Yorkie. I was told she will turn to a much lighter color,maybe blonde. I would like some help picking out her name.
Along with a new name 'Tera' she also has a new co-owner. My DGD, Sophia. I have added another picture of them together on here also.

TEMA
12-03-2008, 05:32 PM
How about FUDGE 'cause she's so sweet...!
Or TINY 'cause she's so small...
Or HONEY 'cause she is....
Or EVE 'cause she's the first....
Or SNUGGLES 'cause she will...:heart:
TEMA
:knitting:

Jeremy
12-03-2008, 05:33 PM
How about Honey? It would go with the color and you would always be able to say "Honey, I'm home".:)

saracidaltendencies
12-03-2008, 05:49 PM
:heart::heart: HOW CUTE!!!

The first thing that came to mind for a name for her is....Cupcake! :teehee:

Ronda
12-03-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm in love. She is just gorgeous!

Fudge is a cute name.

She looks like a Sophie to me.

No matter what I named her, I'd probably call her Sweat Pea a lot.

gailf
12-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I had a yorkie for 15 years her name was Lilly.
She is beautiful they are great dogs.

Indygirl
12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm in love. She is just gorgeous!

Fudge is a cute name.

She looks like a Sophie to me.

No matter what I named her, I'd probably call her Sweat Pea a lot.
Yes, Sophie is a cute name. I don't think my daughter would like me to name her that, that is my DGD's name. Of course you didn't know that though :)

DQ
12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
AWWWWWWW!!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I can't think of anything myself but I like the 'Honey' suggestions :mrgreen:

Quiltlady
12-03-2008, 06:24 PM
BELLA:woohoo:

Jan in CA
12-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Awwww!!! :inlove:

Bella or Cupcake are my favorites!

And I think maybe she needs to be wearing this!!!
http://www.trendypuppy.com/dog_clothes/small-dog-dresses/pink-polka-dot-dog-dress.html

Knit4Pie
12-03-2008, 06:51 PM
I think I would always end up calling her Sweetie or Sweetie Pie, no matter what her name was if she was mine. She is too cute!

Indygirl
12-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Awwww!!! :inlove:

Bella or Cupcake are my favorites!

And I think maybe she needs to be wearing this!!!
http://www.trendypuppy.com/dog_clothes/small-dog-dresses/pink-polka-dot-dog-dress.html Yes, very sweet dog dress. I will have to make her one :wink:

auburnchick
12-03-2008, 07:42 PM
What a cute little fur baby! :heart:

I like Bella, but here are some others...

Daisy
Sandi
Pumpkin
Mia

Oh, I could go on and on...

Please let us know what you decide!

Arielluria
12-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Aaaaawwwwwwwwwwww! I think she looks like a Ginger, or like my Shih Tzu: Cricket. Both would fit her.

Remember to spay and don't add to the pet overpopulation ;) Give her a kissy on the nose for me, if I were there I would!

Indygirl
12-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Aaaaawwwwwwwwwwww! I think she looks like a Ginger, or like my Shih Tzu: Cricket. Both would fit her.

Remember to spay and don't add to the pet overpopulation ;) Give her a kissy on the nose for me, if I were there I would! Thanks, I have a male yorky also. He is 5 years old. I have also had king charles cavalier spaniels. I always have them spayed or neutered. Thanks for the help though. My last cavalier's name was Ginger. She died of diabetes last year.

bjc1050
12-03-2008, 08:40 PM
We have our 3rd yorkie who is a male and his name is Pepper. Our previous yorkies names were Dusty and Dusty Dickens (he was nemed for the 1st yorkie). Anyway, their 2nd names/nicknames were Sweet Pea. We have a couple of extra nicknames for our current yorkie - Baby Doll and Doll Baby. Give her a hug and a kiss from another yorkie lover. They are terrific dogs! Can't imagine life without one.

bjc1050
12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
BTW, The only thing cuter than a yorkie is ANOTHER yorkie.

Indygirl
12-03-2008, 08:48 PM
BTW, The only thing cuter than a yorkie is ANOTHER yorkie.
:teehee: I do think they are very sweet and loving dogs, also one of the cutiest I've had. I also thought my Cavalier's were cute. I just love small dog's.

knitpurlgurl
12-03-2008, 08:49 PM
How about:
Emma
Darcy
Charlotte
Bella
Fanny
Eliza
Elinor (or ellie for short)

Can you tell I'm an Austen fan? I've named all of my animals after literary charcters or Authors:
Silas
Emma
Bronte
Tennyson
Dashwood

mwhite
12-03-2008, 08:50 PM
AWWWW, isn't she precious! I like Bella, Mia and Sweet Pea! I would love to get my DGD one of these. I'll just bet she is always getting cuddled....what a sugar baby!

Indygirl
12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks everone for the reply's. You have all given me some great idea's. I will be sure and check this thread often. I will let you all know what I decide. :woot:

Arielluria
12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I have had a Tara, she lived to be 16. Good dog name. She was my first dog ever and I got her from the SPCA. No matter WHAT their names, they are all "Punkin" to me.........which is a cute name in itself ;)

Currently we have 3 girls: Pepper, Cricket & Ripley and a very naughty boy named Peanut as well as my mom's dog Candy.
:flirt:

Can't wait to see what you name her!!!!!!!!!

I loved the dog dress link! However, as a knitter, there's a pattern I'm DYING to make for one of my girls, it's from a book called Posh Pooches and called a Ribbon Dress (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ribbon-dress/people) (Ravelry link).

:muah:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2227/2255048935_3f97cb4f08.jpg

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-03-2008, 09:30 PM
i gotta go with cupcake. that's adorable.

dustinac
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
:inlove: aww how cute!! I've been asking for a puppy yorkie for sometime...that makes me want one even more...

Puddinpop
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
All I can think of is Precious, because that is what she is.

miccisue
12-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Going back to one of my favorite books, I'd have to go with Little Ann or Annie. It's the name of one of the dogs in "Where The Red Fern Grows". I love that name (just a personal thing from loving the book so much) and was going to name my Golden that but my hubby put the kibosh on it. (He has no literary soul, LOL!)

Plantgoddess+
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
I would vote for Bella. I have a lab/dalmation female that came with that name. It makes for lots of nicknames. Bella donna, Bella sera, Bella button etc.
Congrats on the new puppy.

Gertie
12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Looks like a Tina to me. Little, tiny Tina.

Give her hugs & scratches for me.

KnitWit1987
12-04-2008, 01:50 AM
:inlove: How sweet!! I have 2 yorkie-poos and they are so precious! Hmm... precious would be a good name or wootsie because she is cutsie wootsie :teehee:

Cynamar
12-04-2008, 01:57 AM
How about IJustWannaEatHerUp. YOu can shorten it.

feministmama
12-04-2008, 02:01 AM
All I would be ever able to say to a dog like that is "OOOooohhh aren't you a widdiw coodie pootie pie aaaaaawwwwww" and make lots of disturbing sounds. I tturn to mush around cute dogs, kittens, babies and other cute small things. How bout that CST for cute small thing? :roflhard:

Ronda
12-04-2008, 07:54 AM
We (as in my family) have a habit of naming our dogs "people" names. When I was a kid, we had Andy - a cockapoo. The dog I have now is Maggie - a mini poodle. When I don't use people names, I end up with names like Kitty. :)

Cynamar
12-04-2008, 12:41 PM
We use people names, too. My daughter & I have had two dogs--Katie & Abby--and two cats--Mildred & Fauna (Fauna came to us with that name and we just liked it but it's not really a people name). We've had a turtle named Henry and two fish named Kevin (the second one went by Dos). I wanted to name my pets after mystery authors or my favorite characters but my daughter would not let me name either dog Miss Marple!

Jan in CA
12-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Generally I go with non-people names. Pets don't care and the names can be so cute!

I just thought of another one that would be cute! COOKIE! and when s he's being silly she can be Kooky Cookie!

miccisue
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
For the most part, I like odd names. We had a Loki, Sundance, Woodstock....and I've known dogs named Drambuie, Smirnoff, etc (those were back in my college days, LOL!)

I've never been one for "cutsie" names - don't know why, they just never appealed to me. (But the name for the Norse god of mischief does....go figure.) For example, "Honey" makes me think of that hideous song by Bobby Goldsboro. If you're not old enough to remember it, get on your knees and thank your lucky stars!!!!!!!!!!

Luvmyrottnboy
12-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Oh Gosh! I remember that song! It was truly awful:)

Anyway, I am not a fan of cutsie names and there is member on another forum who named her female dog: Bubba Ann. I love that name!

I like human names. My dog is Cyrus and my cat is James so I will contribute: Madeleine, Isabella, Matilda, Daisy.

But I do love Bubba Ann!:cheering:

bjc1050
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
We have our 3rd yorkie who is a male and his name is Pepper. Our previous yorkies names were Dusty and Dusty Dickens (he was nemed for the 1st yorkie). Anyway, their 2nd names/nicknames were Sweet Pea. We have a couple of extra nicknames for our current yorkie - Baby Doll and Doll Baby. Give her a hug and a kiss from another yorkie lover. They are terrific dogs! Can't imagine life without one.
Forgot to explain that the first yorkie was called Dusty and the second one who was partially named in honor of the first was called Dickens - along with Sweet Pea (his nickname). Made me remember that I also like the name Dixie. Had an encounter with a very nice rescue dog by that name. If I ever get another female dog, I'd like to call her Dixie.

bjc1050
12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Our current female dog ( a shelter dog) came with the name Maggie, but we also call her Princess because she thinks she IS one. She is either a pomeranian or schipperke mix...or both.

I like people names for our pets, too. They ARE people to us, lol.

Dangles
12-04-2008, 07:09 PM
hmm, annie?

Wanda Witch
12-04-2008, 07:11 PM
I will go along with Puddinpop and Precious. We have named all of our dogs, with the exception of the current one, people names. 'Cause they are!! We've had Sam, Josie, Barney, Missy, Annie and now Pequina, who was given to us not quite three years ago by a lovely Hispanic lady in NM and it means 'Little One.' Well, Pecky-Poo was already six years old so her name stuck. All of the suggested names are great and I love Bella and Honey. Oh, a friend who had a teacup poodle named here Luv. And, by the way, she was. Good luck, keep we dog lovers posted. P.S. Your puppy is a doll baby.

Indygirl
12-05-2008, 07:22 PM
My computer has been down. They changed over to fiber & didn't get mine all the way wired up. I'm off and running again now.
I have it down to a few names now.
1. Tera
2.Bella
3.Tasha
4.Zoey
If you want vote on one of those, that would help too.
THANKS

Arielluria
12-05-2008, 07:24 PM
My computer has been down. They changer over to fiber & didn't get mine all the way wired up. I'm off and running again now.
I have it down to a few names now.
1. Terra
2.Bella
3.Tasha
4.Zoey
If you want vote on one of those, that would help too.
THANKS
Of those I love ZOEY the most! I think she looks like a Zoey.:flirt:

mwhite
12-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I vote for Bella!

mks22300
12-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Hmm, I think I like Zoey. She's so adorable! :heart:

Crycket
12-05-2008, 08:51 PM
My vote is in for Zoey too...*smiles*

miccisue
12-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Zoey (now you'll have to get a Frannie)

Indygirl
12-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Zoey (now you'll have to get a Frannie) I picked that as one of the choises because I have a 'Zeus'(sp). He was left behind in my daughter's neighborhood. His owner didn't take very good care of him. Then when she had to move she left him just running the streets & never came back to get him :sad: sad for him but good for me. He is very happy now. He really likes the new puppy also.

Knit4Pie
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I vote for Zoey too. That's a sweet name.

Jan in CA
12-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Now that I know you have a Zeus I say Zoey for sure! :thumbsup:

Wanda Witch
12-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Zoey is a great one. That is also the name of my granddaughter's miniature pinscher.

Indygirl
12-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I was thinking very hard about the name 'Zoey'
I REALLY liked that one. My DGD has already started calling her 'Tera' I think that's the one my DD liked the best also. My DGD thinks the puppy is really her puppy anyway ( my fault) When I was bringing DGD home tue. I told her I had a surprise for her when we got home. At 4 years old, I guess she just thought I ment the puppy was for her. It stays here with me and is my dog, but I don't know how to undo this one. I guess we will just go with the name 'Tera' Not a bad name, was my least favorite on the list though.
Maybe I'm just an old softy when it comes to my one and only DGD :aww:
FYI, Tera is doing great. Sleeps through the night. Uses her pet pads all the time. She does go potty outside also.
Thank's everyone for helping out with a name. I loved hearing all the stories about your pets name's. It's so much fun getting a new pet and finding a name for them.
Happy Kintting,

Indygirl
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Here is an update picture of the puppy and her co-owner :teehee:
You can also see my other little yorkie asleep next to Sophia.

Ronda
12-08-2008, 08:30 AM
:heart: :inlove: :heart:

They are all adorable, and I can see why your DGD has you wrapped around her finger!

Sunshine's Mom
12-08-2008, 01:07 PM
They are so adorable! I think Terra is a great name. Just coming right out of your granddaughter like that means that it truly IS her name. We spend so much time trying to find the "right" name. Maybe it should just be the first thing that pops in your head? Nice job, Sophia! :thumbsup:

evona
12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Zoey (now you'll have to get a Frannie)

I thought the same thing ;)

Cynamar
12-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Two sweet little faces in that picture!

Arielluria
12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
:woot:Alright! BTW, I spelled my dog's name 'Tara', like the Gone With the Wind plantation. JIC you hadn't thought of that.........'Terra' might make her prone to dig. LOL! :teehee:

I was thinking very hard about the name 'Zoey'
I REALLY liked that one. My DGD has already started calling her 'Terra' I think that's the one my DD liked the best also. My DGD thinks the puppy is really her puppy anyway ( my fault) When I was bringing DGD home tue. I told her I had a surprise for her when we got home. At 4 years old, I guess she just thought I ment the puppy was for her. It stays here with me and is my dog, but I don't know how to undo this one. I guess we will just go with the name 'Terra' Not a bad name, was my least favorite on the list though.
Maybe I'm just an old softy when it comes to my one and only DGD :aww:
FYI, Terra is doing great. Sleeps through the night. Uses her pet pads all the time. She does go potty outside also.
Thank's everyone for helping out with a name. I loved hearing all the stories about your pets name's. It's so much fun getting a new pet and finding a name for them.
Happy Kintting,

Jan in CA
12-10-2008, 01:25 AM
. JIC you hadn't thought of that.........'Terra' might make her prone to dig. LOL! :teehee:

I thought of that, too! Good old terra firma! :lol:

kellee0302
12-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Here is an update picture of the puppy and her co-owner :teehee:
You can also see my other little yorkie asleep next to Sophia.

They are just priceless.