PDA

View Full Version : Poor Christmas Tree

jdee
12-25-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm feeling sorry for myself a little right now. I had to spend Christmas morning taking my tree down, because my cats were being toot heads. Now that all the ornaments are off, you can really see how mangled the poor tree is. :waah: It's lucky for my cats that I love them so much.

knitandpurl520
12-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow! My dog used be just like that too! Lol. Cats seem to be worse than dogs at ruining Christmas trees. She is better now that she is 1! Hope you still have a wonderful Christmas and Happy 2009!

-knitandpurl520

jdee
12-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh, we're having a great Christmas. We're about to go over to Dad's for a visit. In the mean time, everything is already put away, so I don't have to dread doing it later. I guess there's a silver lining in everything.:teehee: When DH was taking the actual tree down, we discovered a big flat spot a few branches up, where Max had made a nest for himself. He's such a stinky brat. I hope bending it back into shape next year won't be as much of a challange as I think it's going to be.

knitandpurl520
12-25-2008, 05:37 PM
That's great!

thecatsmother
12-25-2008, 09:38 PM
I recall one year we had to take the tree down the day after Christmas because of our cats,but the following year it was fine.The 2 lads we have now are getting on in years,I couldn't even interest them in the catnip mice.jdee glad you had a great time and yes now that your tree is down that is one less chore to do....leaves more time for ...knitting LOL

gailf
12-26-2008, 10:37 AM
I'vinvested in unbreakable ornaments and a small artificial tree that I "museum putty" in place. Cookie still manages to knock a few things off to play with, but at least im not claening up broken glass.
Its a good thing we love them so much!

jdee
12-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes. The shatterproof ornaments are the best invention ever for people with cats.

christine
12-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Our new kitty claimed under the tree and one of his homes. He loves it there. The problem was that is where he decided to hang out on Christmas morning. Did I mention that he like to attack you? Well, every time you would reach of a present, he would try and get you. He thought it was a big game. My husband went and got his old man pick up pincher thing -- I think its is really called a grab it-- to reach under and get out the presents.

As for ornaments, we only lost one. He decapitated a motorcycle riding Santa. I really didnít like it, so it wonít be missed.

Christine