PDA

View Full Version : Videos not loading........

cae3
12-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Sorry, if this question is off topic. I'm not sure where to post it. Im trying to watch some of the videos but it is not loading. When I click on, "New Video" then click on to watch the "Increase" video it shows like it going to play but the video doesn't play. It shows a black window(where the video plays). I hit play and nothing happens. At the bottom left hand corner in it says page error. Anyone know what is going on? I am new to knitting and trying to learn and watch everyone I can get my hands on.

Thanks,
Anita

Marria
12-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi Anita,

I am not sure which specific video you are having trouble with. There are several videos on increases, and I looked at them and didn't have any trouble...can you say which one you were having trouble with, or was it all of them?

cae3
12-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks for your reply. I can not view any of them. It says error on page at the bottom left hand corner. Do you think I need to download something to view them? I have viewed knitting videos on youtube and it worked fine. Not sure why I am having this problem.

QUOTE=Marria;1187380]Hi Anita,

I am not sure which specific video you are having trouble with. There are several videos on increases, and I looked at them and didn't have any trouble...can you say which one you were having trouble with, or was it all of them?[/QUOTE]

suzeeq
12-27-2008, 12:02 AM
BTW, that's View Video, not New Video, in some fonts it looks weird. You don't need a special player to see them, just click on a pink or blue view xxxx video banner and it starts. It may take a minute if you have a slow connection.

Marria
12-27-2008, 12:06 AM
The only suggestions I have are to restart your browser, or to clear out your cookies.

If you aren't sure how to do that, post what kind of browser you have (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) and we can help you figure it out.

As a last resort, you might try rebooting your computer.

Other than that, there may be an issue with your internet provider that may resolve itself later.

cae3
12-27-2008, 12:12 AM
BTW, that's View Video, not New Video, in some fonts it looks weird. You don't need a special player to see them, just click on a pink or blue view xxxx video banner and it starts. It may take a minute if you have a slow connection.

Hahaha....it does saw view video!! Wow..I think its time to get those glasses...haha. As far as I know we have always had a fast connection. When I click on any of the videos it takes me to that page, but at the bottom, left hand corner it says done. So I click on play button. Then at the bottom, left hand corner of the page it then says error on page. I have internet explorer. I will reboot my comp to see if that helps any. If that doesn't work, maybe my hubby has to adjust some of the internet settings for it to work..i dont know. Thanks. I'm about to reboot.

Marria
12-27-2008, 12:32 AM
You know, I just thought of something else...sometimes Spyware can cause problems like this.

If you don't have a spyware program, there is a free one called AdAware that you can download here:

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2008/3000-8022_4-10045910.html

Try running your spyware program and see if that doesn't help.

cae3
12-27-2008, 01:44 AM
You know, I just thought of something else...sometimes Spyware can cause problems like this.

If you don't have a spyware program, there is a free one called AdAware that you can download here:

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2008/3000-8022_4-10045910.html

Try running your spyware program and see if that doesn't help.

Well...I rebooted and it still doesnt work:( I will try the spyware to see if it works.
Thanks.