PDA

View Full Version : A Trip to the Frog Pond

campbellmom549
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I just frogged 4 feet of scarf! It frustrated me greatly to have to do it. I should have frogged it three feet ago when I realized that I had cast on too wide. Then I should have frogged it a foot ago when I realized I wasn't going to have enough yarn. But no, I though that I'd just go buy another skein. Well, now I'm 6 states away from the LYS where I bought the yarn to begin with, and I don't want to pay $20 to order one skein. So I frogged. Very sad. :frog:

tokmom
01-04-2009, 05:28 PM
OUCH! That would be painful. I'm sorry.

Doublereeder2
01-04-2009, 07:08 PM
What a drag!!! :-(

Are you going to CO again with a smaller number of stitches?

campbellmom549
01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Yes, I'm going to cast on again. It's a Christmas present. (We're celebrating Christmas on Jan. 25).

lelvsdgs
01-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I have finally learned to frog when I should instead of going ahead figuring I can "fix it later". It's a real drag but it saves time and energy to do it when you say, hmmm something is wrong here...

And celebrating on January 25th is a brilliant idea! Good luck getting your project completed, at least by now you've probably memorized the pattern!

Marria
01-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I totally understand the part about knowing that it's too wide, but still going on for 3 feet...I've been in that kind of denial before, telling myself that it will somehow get magically get narrower by the time I'm done knitting. :)