PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

Knitting_Guy
01-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Just set up a Twitter account. My user name is Knitting_Guy there.

figaro
01-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm not on Twitter but there is a bunch of us that are on Plurk!

Knitting_Guy
01-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Ok, just set up a Plurk account too :rofl: Am KnittingGuy there.

Ronda
01-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm on plurk! I'm Niki_39 on plurk. (Long story about using a different name.)

figaro
01-18-2009, 05:09 PM
can't find you Mason but I am figaro over there!

ecb
01-18-2009, 08:17 PM
What about facebook?
I am on there
but Myspace is done/kaput
Yahoo is a PIA except rare chat
still use MSN chat, but not all the time
are twitter and Plurk all that diff?

figaro
01-18-2009, 08:20 PM
not sure about Twitter as I am not there but Plurk. I heard one of the differences is with Plurk, there is a timeline.

lelvsdgs
01-18-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm lelvsdgs on both Twitter and Plurk...

lelvsdgs
01-18-2009, 08:48 PM
We must have crashed Twitter! I went in to look for you guys and got a "Twitter is stressing out a bit right now, so this feature is temporarily disabled." message. :roflhard:

MoniDew
01-19-2009, 07:50 AM
I have no idea what Twitter and Plurk ARE! Can someone explain? Is there a reason why I need this? LOL!

Editing - I just set up on Twitter (as MoniDew) but it's still stressing, so we'll find eachother when it's better.

Jaxhil
01-19-2009, 10:40 AM
LOL! that's what I was thinking, MoniDew!

figaro
01-19-2009, 11:09 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plurk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

MoniDew
01-20-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't know why, but I set up a Plurk, too. :shrugs: maybe it'll be fun.

Denise in Michigan
01-21-2009, 05:49 PM
"Plurk" makes me think of a story about my sis-in-law. When she was a kid here on a Michigan beach, she saw a plover but got the words "plover" and "stork" mixed up and called it a "plork"! To this day, whenever anyone in our family sees this bird, we yell "PLORK!" and burst out laughing!

sheldon
02-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I have set up a twitter account for knittinghelp.com:

http://twitter.com/knittinghelp

Probably just use it to post announcements, news, little KH tidbits, daily stuff, etc. Anything important would of course be posted here at the forum as well, but if you're curious about some of minutia of KH feel free to follow along.

Hope everyone is having a great February. It is snowing here once again. Amy and I are really looking forward to spring!

Sheldon

MoniDew
04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi, everybody. I have cancelled my Twitter account (as myself - MoniDew) but set one up as my business, instead. Please follow me as "youareprecisely" (you get it, right? My Cup of Tea....?) When you do, please let me know HOW YOU KNOW ME. I tend to block unknown entities. Thank you!

ArtLady1981
04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi, everybody. I have cancelled my Twitter account (as myself - MoniDew) but set one up as my business, instead. Please follow me as "youareprecisely" (you get it, right? My Cup of Tea....?) When you do, please let me know HOW YOU KNOW ME. I tend to block unknown entities. Thank you!

I typed in the words: youareprecisely and then I typed in: "youareprecisely"...and both times I got nothing.

Then I typed in MoniDew, and found you. If you cancelled it, it evidentally isn't cancelled. :??

Simply_Renee
04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't understand Twitter and never heard of Plurk before today. I have a Facebook but I don't know how to work it and I am thinking that I am too "plugged in" lately.

I think I am going back to knitting by candlelight for a while. Anyone else overwhelmed by technology lately?

Knitting_Guy
04-27-2009, 11:30 PM
I don't understand Twitter and never heard of Plurk before today. I have a Facebook but I don't know how to work it and I am thinking that I am too "plugged in" lately.

I think I am going back to knitting by candlelight for a while. Anyone else overwhelmed by technology lately?

As a natural born geek I can't say that I am overwhelmed by technology, but I can honestly say that there's nothing wrong with candlelight.

As much of a geek as I am, I have to admit that when I'm home I prefer my oil lamps to electric lights and do love candles over them as well.

Ever see those old movies where the guy is carrying a candle for light through the house in a candle holder with a finger hole in it? That's me. I own several of them and use them often when home. It's just a much nicer light. Ever since I was hit by lightening and blind for three+ months I've preferred natural light to electric as it's easier on the eyes.

MoniDew
04-27-2009, 11:44 PM
I typed in the words: youareprecisely and then I typed in: "youareprecisely"...and both times I got nothing.

Then I typed in MoniDew, and found you. If you cancelled it, it evidentally isn't cancelled. :??
Try this link: http://twitter.com/youareprecisely
Yeah, I guess there is a mix up with the old account. I can't log into it, but it's still there...weird...

By the way, I am following you as youareprecisely. Check under who follows you, and you'll find me.

MoniDew
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Ever since I was hit by lightening and blind for three+ months I've preferred natural light to electric as it's easier on the eyes.
HOLY COW!!!! :zombie:

Knitting_Guy
04-27-2009, 11:57 PM
HOLY COW!!!! :zombie:

Stuff happens :shrug:

MoniDew
04-27-2009, 11:58 PM
did you cancel your twitter account, Mason? I just tried to "follow" you, but it wouldn't let me... or maybe I'm blocked...?

Knitting_Guy
04-28-2009, 12:26 AM
did you cancel your twitter account, Mason? I just tried to "follow" you, but it wouldn't let me... or maybe I'm blocked...?

No you're not blocked. I canceled the account for personal reasons I won't go into here. I still have a Plurk account under KnittingGuy.