PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks Drives Me Crazy!!!!!!!

Arielluria
01-20-2009, 05:47 PM
I've used Quickbooks for years to run my small business. It's a good thing I don't have many clients and expenditures, because QuickBooks is enough to make me want to get OUT OF BUSSINESS!!!!!!!
:wall:

So what bookkeeping program would you recommend?

suzeeq
01-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Quickbooks Pro? It's better than QB lite, but maybe that's the version you already have.

dmknits
01-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Have you tried getting help at:
alt.comp.software.financial.quickbooks (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.software.financial.quickbooks/topics?lnk=srg)

I've had some of my questions answered there.

Arielluria
01-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes, QB Pro. Yes, I've tried that site but I've had it! Accounting is definitely not my forte, but I hate the program, it has things showing as not being paid, which were, and I can't delete them, etc.:hmm: That's just the tip of my iceberg!

Plantgoddess+
01-21-2009, 11:39 PM
I switched from Quickbooks to a Microsoft product. I no longer have the software so I don't remember the name of the product but I believe it was in the Microsoft Money line. Something like Microsoft Money and Small Business. It wasn't perfect for my business as I had a plant nursery and a number of products were bought in bulk, such as the soil, fertilizer and was hard to quantify in the total price of product. I did find it easier to adapt to my needs and a lot easier to understand and correct.
It was nice to print out a page to take to the accountant and know that it was accurate. I found Quickbooks overly complicated and I didn't want to pay a bunch of money to take classes in how to use it.

Arielluria
01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Sounds like me. I wouldn't mind even if QB had things I didn't need, as long as it was so overcomplicated for the things which I do!:nails:

For now I'm using just Excell, I'm still searching! Thanks for the input!