PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to..

knitpurlgurl
01-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Do a YO and then p1?

This is the pattern line:
p1, slkpsso, k6, yo, p1

After I knit 6, I am having a hard time figuring out how to yo and then p1. :wall: I'm feeling like a complete idiot right now. :hair: Can anyone explain this me? Thanks!

Jaxhil
01-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Do you knit English or Continental?

I knit continental and I would hold my right needle behind the left while purling after a yo-this way the working yarn is still in a yo position on the right needle but I can still put it in front of the left needle for the next purl stitch, without losing my yo~ does that make sense? :p

btw, don't feel like an idiot!! this is a valid question!! :thumbsup:

HTH!

Mirl56
01-21-2009, 02:35 PM
bring the yarn to the front between the needles, over the top and around the needle and back to the front for the purl stitch.

knitpurlgurl
01-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I knit english. Here's my problem.. I k, then yo.. if I bring the yarn back in between the needles, I lose the yo before purling. What am I doing wrong?

cftwo
01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
If you knit English doing any sort of knit, yarn over, purl pattern always feels like you're wrapping the yarn twice (though it's really one wrap, and 1 moving from knit to purl).

Jan in CA
01-21-2009, 04:36 PM
It doesn't matter whether you knit continental or english.

I knit english. Here's my problem.. I k, then yo.. if I bring the yarn back in between the needles, I lose the yo before purling. What am I doing wrong?

You need bring it forward as if to purl then wrap it around again and it'll leave a YO.

globaltraveler
01-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I sort of think of it as a one and a half yo. :)