PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Dishcloth

NorthernIrelandKnitter
01-21-2009, 08:48 PM
I am knitting a dishcloth in dark pink double knitting cotton - worsted I think it is in American lingo. It's a lovely pattern, but you have to concentrate to make sure you get it right. I have had to restart twice. I had it almost finished the first time, but I could see that it was not turning out the right shape at all.

Here is a link to the pattern: http://www.mielkesfarm.com/dishclth.htm.

I am working on other projects as well, but will tell you about those another time.

Gillian

losnana
01-21-2009, 11:19 PM
I've made this dishcloth and love it. It's so unusual, being round. do post pix of your other projects.

NorthernIrelandKnitter
01-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi Losnana,

Yes, I loved the fact that you could make something round with 2 straight needles. On my first attempt at it, instead of coming round to complete the circle, the cloth went off in a different direction. This time I am being careful, making sure I have the right number of stitches on the needle at each odd row.

Will post photos when I take them and also figure out how to upload them on to my computer.

Just wondering - did you use 4 ply or worsted cotton? I tried getting 4 ply, but couldn't get it anywhere.

Gillian

WandaT
01-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Oh that's really pretty!! I've saved the pattern so I can make it!! Can't wait to see yours!

dustinac
01-22-2009, 09:23 AM
:yay: Welcome to KH, that is a very pretty pattern, can't wait to see yours.

After you get them on your computer here is a thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80610)letting you know how you can then add them to KH :happydance:

auburnchick
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I've made this dishcloth, and I loved the process. It really is a beautiful cloth and fun to execute.

NorthernIrelandKnitter
03-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Well, I finished the wash cloth about a week ago, but haven't got around to sewing it up. I will try and do that soon and take photos of that and my other projects and get them posted on this site. The wash cloth looks more like something you would put on your dresser than something you'd wash your face with!

I have also just finished knitting a hat for my daughter - I haven't stitched it up yet, but I have an awful feeling it's not going to fit.

Gillian

GirlChris
03-12-2009, 10:26 PM
yeah that washcloth looks pretty, and could certainly double for a doily. Can't wait to see your finished pics.

ArtLady1981
03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
This would certainly make nice bath cloths, or spa cloths! What nice gifts, too! Thanks for posting the pattern! My printer is working right now! I am going to make a dozen of these as gifts for my daughter and daughter-in-law! How nice! But for 'the spa', not the kitchen.
They are almost too pretty for most kitchens! :teehee:

Jaxhil
03-16-2009, 07:07 AM
That's such a pretty pattern, Gillian! I made one just like it in red, and I love it. Can't wait to see yours!

MGM
03-16-2009, 07:13 PM
What a pretty cloth! It looks like the knit version of the Tunisian Short Row cloth (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2009/02/tunisian-short-row-dishcloth-video.html) that I was recently introduced to by Merryknitter here on KH.

Aren't there so many creative and clever people out there?

Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern. I am on a cotton cloth kick lately so I'll have to give this one a try too!

MGM

biztec
03-17-2009, 08:02 AM
I am knitting a dishcloth in dark pink double knitting cotton - worsted I think it is in American lingo. It's a lovely pattern, but you have to concentrate to make sure you get it right. I have had to restart twice. I had it almost finished the first time, but I could see that it was not turning out the right shape at all.

Here is a link to the pattern: http://www.mielkesfarm.com/dishclth.htm.

I am working on other projects as well, but will tell you about those another time.

Gillian
Northern Ireland, cool! My family is from Northern Ireland. I want to visit someday.

stitchabit
03-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Very pretty. I have been knitting dishcloths with patterns. I have finished the ladybug, duckling, butterfly and sailboat so far.

Liz 14
03-24-2009, 07:36 AM
I must admit I knitted this one but just could not push myself to use it as a dishcloth....It now sits on my dressing table as a doily:knitting:

NorthernIrelandKnitter
04-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Thank you all for your replies. My husband has taken a photograph of the dishcloth, but I haven't got it on to my computer yet. Once I do that, I'll see about posting it to the forum.

I also think it looks too pretty to be used as a dishcloth or a washcloth. It has also turned out quite small, so I would agree with the idea of using it as a doily. I have sewn up the hole, but left it so that the stitches can be removed easily as I think it looks all right a a doily with a hole.

Biztec, what part of Northern Ireland is your family from? I am in County Antrim, but grew up in County Armagh. You will receive a warm welcome if you come visiting this wee country of our's!

Gillian

MCrowe
04-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Saw the pattern for your dishcloth- very pretty! I am working with worsted yarn for a dishcloth pattern that was in this beginner to knit book I bought- however, I think I have made my first cast on stitches too tight- as I have knitted 3 rows and it has been extremely hard. Am going to watch Amy's video on knitting to see what I am doing wrong.

NorthernIrelandKnitter
05-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Hope you got sorted ok.

Well, I thought I had finally got a pic of this project on a computer. We couldn't put it on this one and I thought my husband had put it on the main computer, but he said only the card was in the computer - the pics had not been transferred. So I continue to wait very patiently.

Gillian

wezyus
05-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Pretty rounded dishcloth ...i hve saved it ...thnks for sharing

stitchabit
05-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Very Pretty!!! I love knitting dish cloths, spa cloths. Thank you for sharing the pattern. :)