PDA

View Full Version : YO,YF,YB,YRN Help

Eve55
01-27-2009, 03:50 AM
I know I shouldn't start using such a difficult pattern when I am fairly new to knitting but I am so confused about the difference in these abbreviation's both English and USA. The pattern book I am using has the words - wool forward and wool round needle, I have watched the video here on YO but I still seem to mess it up. Could someone please help? :teehee:

DQ
01-27-2009, 06:23 AM
The 'wool round the needle' is the same as yarn over I think. 'Wool forward' would just be bringing the yarn to the front.

WandaT
01-27-2009, 07:48 AM
The 'wool round the needle' is the same as yarn over I think. 'Wool forward' would just be bringing the yarn to the front.

Yup, what she said. Each book (and/or website) should have their own reference pages showing what their abbreviations mean.

suzeeq
01-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Sometimes wool forward is bringing the yarn to the front, and if the next st is a knit 1 (or knit dec, like k2tog) then it's the same as a YO. But if the next stitch is slipped, then you slip the stitch and move the yarn to the back (yb or wb) for the stitch after that.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
01-27-2009, 05:12 PM
and move the yarn forward or back between the stitches too... makes it much prettier and neater.

Eve55
01-30-2009, 06:40 AM
:muah: Thank you so much DQ, Wandat, Suzeeq and LilHuskiesFootballMom. You are all such a help to me I think my knitting is looking good now???!!! Your all the best...:happydance: