PDA

View Full Version : socks

Ronda
02-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I really despise using DPN for socks. I prefer 2 circs. Heck, I'd even do ML if I could. I have a ton of patterns for socks...all with DPN. Can *any* DPN pattern be converted to using 2 circs or ML? I would think it would be easy until you get to the heel.

Mirl56
02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Absolutely yes! I put the top of the foot one one circ adn the bottom of the sock on the 2nd.

LadyFirelyght
02-02-2009, 04:20 PM
I use ML method for all socks. Yes, yes, yes!

Snugglebugmom
02-03-2009, 10:13 AM
With DPNs the heel flap and the turning of the heel are both worked on only one needle, so it won't be a problem working those patterns with two circs or with the magic loop method. Good luck, and have fun with your sock patterns!

Jan in CA
02-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Sure! If you've done socks before you shouldn't have any trouble at all. Heck even if you're a beginner it won't be a problem. :thumbsup:

of troy
02-03-2009, 12:54 PM
YES--one way

get (make or buy) some stitch markers (the kind that hang in a stitch, not on the needle) with numbers (baby braclet beads come in numbers, too)

then on the needle divide the stitches with simple markers
on the knitting hang the number markers..
#1 is first needle(stitches) after Beginning of Round, #2 is usually instep, (and sometimes #3 is too) and then the last bunch of stitches before BOR (#4)

now, you have the stitches on 2 circ, but the stitch markers remind you where Needle 1 is, where Needle 2 is.. etc, and you can just follow the directions!

the # markers get moved up (closer to needles) as you work..

after a few socks, you won't need them!

Ronda
02-04-2009, 07:38 AM
YES--one way

get (make or buy) some stitch markers (the kind that hang in a stitch, not on the needle) with numbers (baby braclet beads come in numbers, too)

then on the needle divide the stitches with simple markers
on the knitting hang the number markers..
#1 is first needle(stitches) after Beginning of Round, #2 is usually instep, (and sometimes #3 is too) and then the last bunch of stitches before BOR (#4)

now, you have the stitches on 2 circ, but the stitch markers remind you where Needle 1 is, where Needle 2 is.. etc, and you can just follow the directions!

the # markers get moved up (closer to needles) as you work..

after a few socks, you won't need them!

Excellent idea! Thank you!

losnana
02-04-2009, 09:16 AM
I use ML method for all socks. Yes, yes, yes!
DITTO. In fact I've never made a pair of socks on ML where the pattern was written especially for ML. Don't think I've ever seen one.