PDA

View Full Version : FO: Jayne Cobb Hat AKA The ugliest hat ever

LadyFirelyght
02-05-2009, 12:52 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/LadyFirelyght/Knitting/JayneCobbHat001.jpg

I hate this hat. I hate it with a passion. Fortunately, the guy I made it for LOVES it and is very happy with it.

If you're like I was before this project, you have no idea what a Jayne Cobb hat is. Apparently a character in the short-lived tv show Firefly wore this hat and it's become kind of a cult obsession. Why? I have no idea.

Jan in CA
02-05-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't think it's ugly, but it is very bright! Is the guy a crossing guard? :lol:

LadyFirelyght
02-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't think it's ugly, but it is very bright! Is the guy a crossing guard? :lol:
hahah no, he's just a fan of the show and wanted a really warm hat. I think it fits the bill :teehee:

dustinac
02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
:teehee: my son would love that, he always picks out Orange for his knitted items...usually wants lime green thrown in too. It's not ugly at all you did a great job and he loves it :thumbsup:

saracidaltendencies
02-05-2009, 02:57 PM
HA! It's awesome! In a totally OMG what are you wearing on your head type way...haha...You did a great job!

tigersagg
02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
If you've ever watched the show, you'd understand why. ;)

Great job!

ritaw
02-05-2009, 03:16 PM
I think it looks cool . It is obviously what he wanted and as long as he loves it then this project has been a success:)

MerigoldinWA
02-05-2009, 03:40 PM
A fun hat, rather like having a candle flame on top of your head. :-) We get a little idea about the kind of guy your friend is from this hat... not a shrinking violet. Good job.

GinnyG
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I LOVE THAT HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would SOOOOOOO wear it!!!

LadyFirelyght
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
A fun hat, rather like having a candle flame on top of your head. :-) We get a little idea about the kind of guy your friend is from this hat... not a shrinking violet. Good job.
Definitely not. He goes by the nickname "Cheezy Mad Man", hahaha

Marria
02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
I love it! Of course, I'm a huge Firefly fan. You did a great job.

Marria
02-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Oops! I accidentally clicked reply when I meant to post a new thread. Ignore this post please!

bambi
02-06-2009, 12:03 AM
I like it! My dad wanted an earflap hat and I might do a similar pattern but different colors.

Bambi

GirlChris
02-06-2009, 12:14 AM
great job, I am glad your friend loves it.

WandaT
02-06-2009, 03:56 PM
LOL, I was so not expecting your results when I clicked on this thread. I don't think it's ugly at all ... different maybe, but I'd classify it more as a fun hat. I love it!

dewdrops
02-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Beautiful!!I love the colors:heart:

Woodi
02-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Well the colors are ones I would never wear, nor use in my house decor - anywhere! but kids might like it, and your friend sure does, so congrats on a job-well-done. The knitting is nice and smooth.

Are you calling it "the ugliest..." because of the colors alone? cuz otherwise, the pattern looks cozy.

LadyFirelyght
02-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Well the colors are ones I would never wear, nor use in my house decor - anywhere! but kids might like it, and your friend sure does, so congrats on a job-well-done. The knitting is nice and smooth.

Are you calling it "the ugliest..." because of the colors alone? cuz otherwise, the pattern looks cozy.
I guess it's a combination of the colors with the pattern. Not something I would wear unless I was desperate for warmth :teehee:

Sewing Angel
02-07-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm almost finished with my 4th one! DS and I love Firefly. These have been for him and a couple of friends. I agree, its not the most beautiful hat, but they have had so much fun with them. He was taking one for a birthday gift and I asked "will he know what this is?" DS says "of course" I said, that's good, I wouldn't want someone to think I picked those colors on my own! It is a really warm hat (I made mine with 2 strands of Vanna's Choice) His friends have really loved them and it made me feel really good!

At Christmas, I made small one's (it was a brooch pattern) and put a loop on them for ornaments. They were a big hit.

I think you are a great friend for making this.
Angel