PDA

View Full Version : Hello from england

localcricket
02-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Hello to you all. I am retired and I am knitting for premature babys in hospitals in England and other countrys and l am always looking for new patterns and also like to chat about knitting. Would very much like to hear from anyone.
Best wishes Jackie

Jan in CA
02-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Welcome to Knitting Help!

cindycactus
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Jackie. Welcome to KnittingHelp. It is a great place to make friends and talk knitting.

Sknitter56
02-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi, Jackie....I'll be visiting your country in June and maybe even your city. I have a friend in Derby...is that the same?

dturner
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Welcome!:waving:

Ginnyb
02-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi Jackie,
I am not on here a lot, but welcome and I think you will like it here. Everyone is very friendly and so, so helpful.
Ginny

MrsP
02-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi Jackie! Welcome to the Forum!! Knitting for Preemies is one of my goals too! As a mom of a preemie, I can tell you that all of the handmade items that they get as donations are GREATLY appreciated!! :-) I married an Englishman and have been over several times, but I am not sure if I have made it to Derbyshire! I will have to ask him when he gets home from work! :-) Have fun exploring the forum!

globaltraveler
02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Welcome! It's a very friendly community here, as others have mentioned. Dive right on in!

dustinac
02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Welcome to KH, Jackie. That is wonderful that you are knitting for the premature babies...if you need anything just ask :hug:

Marria
02-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Jackie! :waving: That is so wonderful that you knit for the little ones.

If you are looking for patterns, you should join www.ravelry.com if you haven't already. There are lots of patterns there and you can look at other people's work, which is really cool.

There are also hundreds of free patterns at Knitting Pattern Central (http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/index.php)

sue in canada
02-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi Jackie and welcome to KH.

wezyus
02-06-2009, 02:54 AM
hi, Welcome to this Forums

Karina
02-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi Jackie welcome to KH. this is a great place to be where everybody is friendly and helpful. I live in Essex, still quite a way from Derbyshire.

localcricket
02-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Hi SKnitter 56. Thanks for your welcome yes I live about 7 miles from Derby and at the moment we have snow the worst in 20 years the buses were off road and schools closed.
Thanks again Jackie xx

localcricket
02-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Thank you so much for my welcome
Huggs Jackie

Cirrus
02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi Jackie, I'm fairly new here myself, but I love it. It's the next best thing to having a friendly, helpful knit shop on the corner. I've done a couple projects I never could have finished without the help I've gotten here.

Jackie, my son and daughter-in-law had a stillborn baby this past November. After the birth, the baby was wrapped in a blue knit blanket which my son and DIL were allowed to keep along with a little knit hat. When they showed the blanket and hat to me, I was overcome with emotion because I knew some kind person like you had knitted it for us. They left the hospital without a baby, but not empty-handed. It meant a lot. I cannot thank that person, but I can thank you for what you do for people at a difficult time. Bless you for your kindness.

Susan

swcheng15
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Welcome! Great bunch of people here!

knittingymnast
04-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Welcome to KH! :woot: Someone new!!

gingerbread
04-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Jackie, welcome to kh you came to the right place for a bunch of wonderful people.

Lydiafromlondon
04-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Hi Jackie, I'm from London, I've done a bit of knitting for St Mary's in Paddington. I am currently doing something for myself which is virtually unheard of!!! It is the 2nd thing in 10 years of knitting that is for me. I recently have been doing little things for my nephew who is now 2 so its difficult to keep momentum with this huge(!) cardigan but I'm getting there. Where abouts in UK are you? Lydia

hookedonknitting
04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi!
As a mom of preemies "Thank you"!!! I wish more people would sell preemie stuff...The only thing I found were hats!! I must say though that the hand made stuff that was made special for the NICU babies always warmed my heart in a hard time. We had someone give us quilts and hats and spit up cloths. Next up, is someone who would make stuff for babies with chunky legs and small waists!! LOL! They take after their father!!LOL!!

biztec
04-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Welcome Jackie!! I just learned to knit last summer, thanks to the video help on this site. Anything that isn't covered there you can post on the board and someone will try to help. This is a fantastic community!!