PDA

View Full Version : Hey 70s Kids

Marria
02-12-2009, 12:41 AM
If you grew up in the 70s, you may remember this Mr. Yuk ad. The part where the cord is waving around shooting electricity freaked me out completely when I was a kid. But then, I guess that was sort of the point.

wLsONa3gKIQ

saracidaltendencies
02-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't remember the commercial, but, I wasn't born until '77, so...lol...But, I do remember Mr. Yuk! Actually, I have a bunch of Mr. Yuk stickers all over my house, on all the cabinets with cleaning supplies...They've worked great too, my kids have never even tried messing with the cabinets because I explained to them if they see that sticker, stay away because there's yucky stuff in there...lol

MoniDew
02-13-2009, 04:31 PM
OH, my goodness! That's rather terrifying. Especially telling children that their home is FULL of things that are dangerous and will make them sick! WOW!

I was born in 1960, so I would have been a teenager in the 70's. But I don't remember seeing anything like this! And I'm rather relieved about that. Maybe this didn't air where I lived (at the time.)

Interesting to see how PSA's have changed in 40 years, huh?

Marria
02-13-2009, 04:46 PM
@Demonica--I read somewhere that they did a lot of experimentation coming up with a face that children would find repulsive. They didn't want to use something that may be inadvertently atttractive to kids (like skull and crossbones on poison = hey! It's pirate juice! Let's drink it.)

@MoniDew--yep, I'm telling you--I was too scared to pull a cord out of the wall for years! ETA: I was born in 71 and used to remember seeing it on in the afternoons during the typical kids shows one would watch at that age...

Crycket
02-16-2009, 07:53 PM
I think I remember this...and I was born in '79....