PDA

View Full Version : knitting from the top down

KnittyDiane
02-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi, I am about to take a class to knit my first sweater. I have been knitting for about 6 months and love it. It is a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern for a long cardigan. I am excited but nervous that this may be more than I can handle. Has anyone tried these types of sweaters and had success/trouble? My teacher tells me it is pretty simple. Thanks, Diane

Jan in CA
02-21-2009, 01:18 PM
My first pullover was one from Knitting Pure and Simple. The patterns are well written and easy to follow so go for it! :thumbsup:

suewoz
02-27-2009, 05:54 PM
No problem. You can do it. I used a top down Knitting Pure and Simple pattern last summer and it was easy peasy. I love these top down sweaters. You can try them on as you go, get your sleeves exactly the length you want them and they are very easy to make. No seaming at the end either.

gotta knit
02-27-2009, 08:17 PM
This is a great choice for your first sweater. I second all the advantages listed by suewoz. I made a pure & simple tunic several years ago as a gift, plan to use the pattern for myself someday soon.

globaltraveler
02-27-2009, 09:06 PM
You'll love it. Don't worry, if you've been knitting six months, you can handle that pattern easily!