PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone speak Russian??

jcurry28
02-26-2009, 08:45 AM
I have a pattern in Russian and I was wondering if anyone out there possibly spoke it because if they do I would absolutely love it if you can translate it for me. Can someone please help me

yarncharmer
02-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I don't, but I have a coworker who is from Russia. She's not a knitter, but that probably wouldn't be too much of a problem. If you want, you can send me the pattern and I'll ask her to help.

KnittingNat
02-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I have a pattern in Russian and I was wondering if anyone out there possibly spoke it because if they do I would absolutely love it if you can translate it for me. Can someone please help me

Russian mother tongue here!!! What can I help you with?

lindainbathurst
02-26-2009, 02:17 PM
This is a great site. Language barriers do not have to be an issue. I have an old knitting instruction binder that covers translations for some languages, but you can't beat a real person. Having said that, my husband's first language is French. I asked him to translate a pattern. Ha ha. I might as well have asked him to knit for me. He said things like "I don't know what you call it in English, but it's like..." and he would try to describe what he meant. I think if I ever want to try a French pattern I will pull out the binder.:thumbsup:

jcurry28
02-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Thank you to everyone that is willing to help. I felt as though I was grasping at straws here when I asked to get a translation of a pattern. I really appreciate it all the help. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Amanda