PDA

View Full Version : We're moving!!!!!

evona
02-27-2009, 07:43 PM
I wasn't going to post this until the ink was dry, but I am reasonably sure (knock on wood) that this deal is NOT going to fall through and I'm just so excited I have let everyone know . . . . we're moving!!!! :woohoo: :cheering: :yay: My DD, DS, BF and I have been making due in a 2 bedroom duplex and it has been FRUSTRATING!!! :hair: It was frustrating before my DD moved out last year, but since then my BF has moved in and now she has moved back with aaaaalllllllll her accoutrements - including a new cat! My living room looks like it has exploded!!! So we began looking for a 3 bedroom house (rental not owning). The first thing I noticed is that Wow!!! the rents have certainly come down!! When I rented my duplex we had no choice but to settle on the smaller place in a "adjacent" neighborhood which has been getting steadily worse since I've gotten here (anyone who knows the Los Angeles San Fernando Valley can attest to the downward slide it has been taking). When I looked for 3 bedroom houses last year they were $1000 to $1500 more than I am currently paying, but NOW!!!!! Let me tell you, the house we found is perfect. it's only $300 more than my current rent and since the addition of my BF I can certainly swing that. Its a 3 bedroom on a private road on top of a hill in a gated community with a sparkling pool. Its near a wildlife preserve so Iwe can have the "not in the city" feeling. Its just beyond what I could ever have imagined living in. I am so excited!!! We move April 1st!!!! :cheering:

scout52
02-27-2009, 09:07 PM
That's WONDEFUL!!

You must be so happy that your daughter is back. I remember how stressed out you were when she moved out. Did she break up with that guy? I remember he was much older.

evona
02-27-2009, 11:09 PM
That's WONDEFUL!!

You must be so happy that your daughter is back. I remember how stressed out you were when she moved out. Did she break up with that guy? I remember he was much older.

Yep! AND she has started school at a community college. So things are definitely looking up.

saracidaltendencies
02-27-2009, 11:55 PM
That's wonderful, congrats!! :cheering:

scout52
02-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Oh what a relief. I knew you taught her well. :-)

Jan in CA
02-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Congratulations! I know it's not easy finding affordable housing in southern CA!

Debkcs
03-01-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm glad that you found a place that pleases you so much. We want to move, also, but every house we look at to rent, we ask, "is this just temporary, or can we have a lease for a couple of years." What we're finding, in this area, is that people who can't pay their mortgage are renting apartments, then renting out their homes "until things get better".

We plan on buying again, but just not now.

Sansdawn
03-01-2009, 08:22 PM
:yay: I'm soooooo happy that you found some where that fits you all so well!!! :yay:

evona
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm glad that you found a place that pleases you so much. We want to move, also, but every house we look at to rent, we ask, "is this just temporary, or can we have a lease for a couple of years." What we're finding, in this area, is that people who can't pay their mortgage are renting apartments, then renting out their homes "until things get better".

We plan on buying again, but just not now.

That's one of the great things about this place. We asked her for a 2 year lease with an option for a 3rd year and she gave it to us and she promised not to raise our rent for 2 years. She said as long as we have a lease she won't put the house on the market - even if things do get better. She is actually moving out of her house to a bigger house because she has 3 kids and would like to have another one in the next couple of years so she's not in any trouble with the house we're moving into, which is a GOOD THING!!!!

Good luck in your house hunting!! :)

evona
03-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I forgot to mention that my new place is in Woolsey Canyon!! How appropriate for a knitter ;)