PDA

View Full Version : You Know

GrandmaLori
03-03-2009, 12:07 AM
You Know you've been doing a lot of felting and loving it when you start to like the smell of wet wool.;)

Ingrid
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM
:rofl: Nobody in my family can stand it except for me and the cats!

Northknitter
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
You Know you've been doing a lot of felting and loving it when you start to like the smell of wet wool.;)
I am just finishing up the baby snuggs booties for a 2 year old...never felted anything yet. These require felting when done. Any tips about felting will be greatly appreciated. A big thank you in advance.

GrandmaLori
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Ursula, I put the item in a zippered pillowcase or such (to keep the fluff out of the washer drain pipe). In the same bag put 3 clean tennis balls, zip it closed. Run the hottest water into the machine, add a pair of old jeans, and a few drops of olive oil or other cooking oil, plus a little bit of detergent. Allow to agitate until they reach desired size/stiffness etc. WARNING CHECK AFTER ABOUT 5 MINUTES. YOU CAN'T UN-FELT IF IT GOES TOO FAR. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW FAST YOUR YARN WILL FELT UP SO YOU CHECK AS YOU GO ALONG. Your cycle may finish and try to rinse and spin. Stop it and check the felting before. If it's not enough-then run the hot water cycle more. Don't let items spin dry. Just roll in a nice towel to remove excess water. Shape to the form you want - stuff with plastic bags or something like that to hold the shpae while it dries. Be sure to dry thoroughly.

Northknitter
03-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Thank you to GrandmaLori for the wonderul tips on how to do the felting. I am still shaking in my socks when I start to do this felting. Scared, don't want to ruin them.
Attach. small pic of pattern. Again thank you.:muah:

Northknitter
03-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Thank you to GrandmaLori for the wonderul tips on how to do the felting. I am still shaking in my socks when I start to do this felting. Scared, don't want to ruin them.
Attach. small pic of pattern. Again thank you.:muah:
Somehow I cannot attach pic of the Baby Snugs by Pick up Sticks.
I have it saved but cannot get it attached.