PDA

View Full Version : Crocheted Cuffs and Collar

gwenbeads
03-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Hi there,

I'm new here, so I'll start by sharing a little about me... for the last 5 or 6 years, I've been an avid bead weaver, making jewelry and beaded sculptures. Inspired by some of the textile cuffs and collars I saw around Etsy, I delved into my stash of threads and yarns to make some fuzzy bracelets and necklaces of my own. I haven't really worked with yarn much, but my Mom has been an avid knitter since she was a child, and I'm generally interested in all textile arts and needle crafts. So, I taught myself to crochet (again), and Mom gave me a nice lesson on knitting recently. So, I've been trying to find a bridge between jewelry design and yarn arts.

Plus, I always seem to have cold hands, I thought I'd make some fuzzy cuff bracelets that might help keep me warm. They eventually led me to making this collar, once I figured out some of the dimensions and how many stitches I'd need.

I am interested to hear your impressions of these pieces. I only made one of each cuff. Is that weird to just wear one?

Thank you for letting me share my work with you.
:mrgreen: gwen

WandaT
03-04-2009, 08:33 AM
They are beautiful!! I think you've found a wonderful bridge between the two crafts!! As far as only making one of the cuffs, it could be like wearing a bracelet instead of two like cuffs.

ritaw
03-04-2009, 09:19 AM
They are stunning ! I really love them . :)

yarncharmer
03-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow! They're fantastic!! I don't think it would be weird to wear just one at all.

dustinac
03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Welcome to KH!! They are very pretty, Great job :inlove:

margz3
03-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Very nice!!!!!

GirlChris
03-04-2009, 03:05 PM
very nice! I too think wearing one would be like a bracelet and not weird at all. I love the color and texture combos and you have an artists's touch. They're great.

Jan in CA
03-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Nice work!!

gwenbeads
03-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm a bit relieved to hear that several of you think that 1 cuff is okay. I'd have a hard time trying to reproduce what I did a second time around, since I didn't take any notes. The one I'm working on now, I did take notes, and so I'll have a matching pair when I'm done... almost... I had a hard time getting some of the cables to work right on the second one, so it's not EXACTLY the same, but I figure that with all of the colors and textures, nobody will notice. So I didn't fix it. I'll consider it to be a feature rather than a flaw. :P

Thanks for all of your kind responses.

gwen

melmac51
03-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Gwen,

I love your choices of colors. The pieces are really beautiful! I'd wear one. Looks like a bangle bracelet.

ArtLady1981
03-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Very nice work! I like them a lot! Kewl!

auburnchick
03-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Wow! You do GREAT work!!!

bambi
03-07-2009, 11:09 PM
The pieces are really stunning and I would wear just one of the cuffs, too. I also don't think you need the two cuffs to be exactly the same as long as they were the same color scheme with similar size beads. In fact, it might be quite nice if they were different.

Bambi

wezyus
03-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Gr8 job n wel done thnks for sharing

MerigoldinWA
03-10-2009, 02:43 AM
All these FOs are beautiful. Very nice work and attention to detail. Those would be a delight to wear.