PDA

View Full Version : And then there are days that are just not like others

Songbirdy
03-06-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm so in shock, and its not good.

Part of me just wants to scream or something.

I got a phone call while I was cooking for dinner. I had to welcome my husband home, put our kids to bed... and then break the news to him.

His father has been having an affair for 3 years. He's a trucker and had a 'stop' down in the states.

His mother suffers from depression psychosis. Has had two episodes requiring hospitalization in the last year.

Oh, and did I mention my parents are leaving for Cambodia on Saturday evening?

Its a good think I don't believe in luck because... I think I'd turn agoraphobic right now and never leave my home again.

lelvsdgs
03-06-2009, 01:27 AM
:hug: :muah:

Debkcs
03-06-2009, 03:08 AM
About the only thing you can do is to hold on to your husband, 'be there' for him.

A good scream into a pillow also helps.

Sorry your family has to go through this, tough time for all.

Dangles
03-06-2009, 03:36 AM
:hug:

tarrentella
03-06-2009, 05:17 AM
Hugs for you. Life can be hell sometimes can't it?
Do you do any activities away from the house and people you see every day? I find that when life is out to get me going for a swim is wonderfully theraputic because it has nothing to do with anything that is going on around me and i can just blobk things out and concentrate on my stroke. I always feel a lot more able to deal with things after doing that.

Songbirdy
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I love the idea of a swim.

This morning I spoke with hubby's sister after I spoke with a Psychologist because I am worried about my MIL's mental health and her ability to avoid physical harm.

I told her what I learned. Gave her my opinions and told her I had phone numbers and such.

And that went over like a lead balloon because she & her brother's feel differently about the situation than my husband and I.

I asked her to hear out what I had to say and promised to not bring up my stuff again.

I send up one small word of thanks that we live 2 hours away.

Thanks eh! I just had to say something somewhere because I'm so overwhelmed.

yarnpiggy
03-06-2009, 04:59 PM
"We don't know how strong we are until being strong is the only choice we have." This quote helped me retain my sanity through the worst year of my life. (It began December 19, 2007, and ended October, 2008.)
((((HUGS)))) Remember to be good to you first. That's the only way you can help anyone else.

Denise in Michigan
03-06-2009, 05:26 PM
My thoughts are with you.