PDA

View Full Version : dog hair

AH1OZ
03-06-2009, 09:27 PM
anyone have any tips on getting dog hair out of knitting?

I have a short haired (very coarse hair) dog.. and his hair gets caught in my knitting all the time!!!

Plantgoddess+
03-07-2009, 12:15 PM
If you ever find out let me know. I have 2 short haired dogs and their hair is everywhere. They're black also so it's not like the hair is going to blend in.

DorothyDot
03-07-2009, 04:15 PM
When I entered my tunic in the County Fair I had similar dog-hair concerns. So I washed and dried it, then laid it out flat on my bed and... took a roll of 3" or so wide Celophane tape.

Cut off about 8" or so and wound it around my hand, sticky-side out.

Then I systematically pressed and released the sticky surface all over the surface of my tunic, up and down, over, then down and up.

When the sticky got all stuck, I just cut a new piece, threw the old one away, wrapped the new tape around my hand again and resumed pressing the sticky surface against my tunic.

Then I flipped the tunic over and repeated the procedure. Therefore all the outside of my garment got stickied.

Then I blocked it and entered it in the Fair. BLUE RIBBON!! And no comments on the presence of dog hairs.

Hope this helps,
Dot

linknit41
03-07-2009, 08:37 PM
thanks for this information.i suspected hair removal involved sticky tape! i have a black and white dog with short, coarse hair, so it shows on *everything*!! linknit41

outdoordrea
03-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the tip! I have a similar problem, both with dog and cat hair!

Sunshine's Mom
03-09-2009, 04:18 PM
outdoorarea, what kind of dog is that in your avatar. What a beauty! I want to kiss him (her ?) and give a big hug.

On topic - I have a yellow lab (as you can see) and her fur gets knit into everything I make. Every gift I give comes from "Amy and Sunshine" because of it! What's that saying? "If you don't want dog hair on your clothes stay off my couch." Truer words were never spoken.