PDA

View Full Version : Do I feel silly!

debminerva
03-09-2009, 08:55 PM
So I've been knitting for 10 months, and I've tried to absorb as much as possible by reading these forums, looking at knitting blogs, joining Ravelry...., basically adhering to the old saying, "fake it 'til you make it".

Well, today, my faking caught up with me. Do you know that I thought "Magic Loop" was a type of interchangeable needles? I'm trying to learn how to knit in the round and found this website (http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/circular.html) to start me off. When I started reading the different techniques, imagine my surprise as I get half-way through the page and I realize that Magic Loop is not some name-brand knitting needles.

I immediately came to Knitting Help and, lo and behold, there is a video on the Magic Loop knitting technique. D'oh!

sorifes
03-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Don't feel bad I didn't realize what a Magic Loop was for a while either lol. I've been doing it for a while and I figured it was normal for knitting in the round. Imagine to my own surprise there's a real name for that lol

suzeeq
03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Yep, you two aren't the only ones. I see posts all over from people asking where to buy a Magic Loop....

GrandmaLori
03-10-2009, 12:18 AM
That's a good one. I know when I first joined this forum how I was so puzzled that there were yarn stores all around the US called LYS. Finally it dawned on me. Oh - and people say DH for dear husband, and I thought that one was Designated Husband (whoever you're in the mood for haha).

WandaT
03-10-2009, 09:08 AM
LOL - thanks for the chuckle. :D But we've all had those moments when something so simple fell into place. Glad you figured it out!