PDA

View Full Version : Patons: Southern Exposure

Abiah
03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to Knitting. I tried to pick it up a few years ago, but strife in my real life had me give it up quickly. I recently decided to give it another go and have picked out my FIRST pattern (http://www.patonsyarns.com/patternbook.php?PBS=500598+&PHPSESSID=64bf0204d8199800a145df88ccae8217) to make!

http://www.patonsyarns.com/data/pattern/image/image_530.jpg

Patons Southern Exposure! I'm using Vanna White's yarn in Moroccan colors of rusts, golds, purple, and greens to match what I am going to decorate my bedroom in. I really love the look of this pattern and how it uses so many colors. I find that when I knit, sew, or cross stitch that when they have more colors I don't get as bored. :teehee: And the special stitch to give it a 3D feel to the right side is SO easy to do! (I practiced the knit into front and back on my tension swatch and was so happy I got it!)

I'll let you all know how it goes!

Alexis

Jan in CA
03-12-2009, 05:28 PM
That's beautiful and quite a large project for a new knitter! :thumbsup:

Abiah
03-12-2009, 05:59 PM
What can I say...I love a challenge? hehehe! I was going nutso trying to find that first perfect pattern...I wanted something I know I'd use, something easy, something without shaping, and something that spoke to me. I really didn't want to make a wash cloth...and it's now March, so a scarf seemed to be something I'd not use by the time I was done...but an afghan? THAT I KNOW I'd use, because being chronically ill, I have to rest a lot. I hate heavy blankets and tend to sleep with just a sheet, but sometimes I need just a BIT more warmth, so I knew I wanted to knit myself a little blanket to use as well. I know it's big, but it's a very easy pattern. Hardest thing is keeping all the colors in order! haha

WandaT
03-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Congrats! It's a beautiful project! Keep us posted as to the progress!

GirlChris
03-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Can't wait to see the finished project, just keep chugging along.

MerigoldinWA
03-13-2009, 05:27 PM
That looks like a beautiful, fun project. something that spoke to me That is so important in pattern selection. If it is really something you want to do you can do it even if it is a big project or a bit hard. Have fun making it and let us see it here when it is done.

dturner
03-13-2009, 06:53 PM
I think you made a good choice! Be sure and post photos when you finish!

Sknitter56
03-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi, Abiah
That will be a beautiful throw when you get finished. I hope you feel better soon and hang in there. I wish you all the best.
Mary

ArtLady1981
03-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Very colorful and happy! I love color! It's a real pick-me-up!

Jaxhil
03-16-2009, 07:09 AM
:inlove: that's gorgeous! You'll have such fun with the colors!

dustinac
03-16-2009, 09:43 AM
:happydance:I can't wait to see yours! Very pretty pattern