PDA

View Full Version : The "clog" ad on KH

cheley
03-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi all..boy, did I just have a major "flashback"!!! I opened the Clog advertisement on the home page and it brought back wonderful "teen" memories...Here goes, when I was a young teenager (early '70's) we had a very popular Motocross/Dirtbike (family owned) Shop in our city...The company did quite alot of business with I think Germany, Switzerland, etc etc...well, The Shop carried these clogs and everyone wore em..it was really cool (they probably didn't cost as much) I remember "freaking" out at the sizes cause the weren't sized in "standard" US sizes...Celebs came from all over just to purchase the "dirtbikes" and parts, accessories etc...man what a great memorycloud9 not to mention the races and the riders (yum yum):cool:

suzeeq
03-14-2009, 10:22 AM
I still have my pair of wood soled swedish clogs from 1971. They were about $20 or so, quite a lot of money for a college student then. I bring 'em out every once in a while and have had new rubber soles put on them a couple of times.

cheley
03-14-2009, 10:28 AM
I still have my pair of wood soled swedish clogs from 1971. They were about $20 or so, quite a lot of money for a college student then. I bring 'em out every once in a while and have had new rubber soles put on them a couple of times. OMG...wish I had mine!!!!! :hug:

Ingrid
03-14-2009, 10:33 AM
I had those, too! I was sooooo cool!:teehee: What's ironic is that my father, who is from Sweden and grew up wearing clogs, always had some around. He was waaaay ahead of his time.:thumbsup:

cheley
03-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Wonder how many people are gonna "chime in" and show their age:eyebrow:

suzeeq
03-14-2009, 10:49 AM
OMG...wish I had mine!!!!!

I hardly ever throw out things. Which isn't always a good thing...

Jan in CA
03-14-2009, 12:30 PM
What clog ad? :??