PDA

View Full Version : Can you pray for her

knitkid11
03-14-2009, 08:01 PM
My grandma is very sick and lives all the way in England. She is having quite a few mini strokes.:cry: Now she is starting to forget stuff and talking about stuff that doesn't even make sense. Like today I don't even know what she was talking about,it went from the color green yarn to knitting to we are going to visit her to where we are staying. You see though none of it made sense. I wish I could visit her. Now she is being sent to a 3rd hospital!:sad: Please if you could, pray for my Grandma. The worst part for her is she loved to knit(she had a passion for it)and now her hands are messed up then a stroke. She might make it because, this has happen to her a lot and she proved wrong to the doctors. They said stuff like she might not live to much longer but, it has been at least over a year since then. Well thats my story. Please pray for my grandma (Joan Soltysik). I'm only a kid that loves her grandma.:verysad:

sabrinasmom
03-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Sending up prayers for you and your grandma.:pray:

tgwillis
03-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Sending up a prayer right now. Praying for healing and strength.

heatherg23
03-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Absolutely! :muah:

OxxxAmandaxxxO
03-14-2009, 11:10 PM
I just said a prayer now, that your Grandma is safe and happy and looked after, and that you both receive peace of mind.
I feel for you, spechially as you're not in the same country? That's why I prayed for peace of mind, for both of you.
Is you Grandma taking medication? That might be why she seemed a bit all over the place with her conversation. Don't forget, a stroke will do that too but I know here in England, they're really on top of detecting and treating strokes asap. There's a big campagine about spotting the signs and getting treatment asap. The quicker the treatment, the better the chances. It sounds too like your Grandma is really being looked after if they are sending her to different hospitals. They will be sending her to the one with the best Drs and/or consultants to help her.
I hope she gets better really soon and that you are safe and secure in the meantime. (((BIG HUGS)))

mwhite
03-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Certainly, prayers going up for your grandmother and peaceful thoughts for you.

Wanda Witch
03-15-2009, 12:09 AM
A lot of prayers and a lot of hope coming your way. Be brave. :heart: :muah:

wezyus
03-15-2009, 04:56 AM
yea i am praying for her ...dont worry she will get well soon

farmgirl
03-15-2009, 10:14 AM
I will keep you and your Grandma in my prayers. Hang in there! Sometimes stress can cause confusion in the elderly, too.:hug:

Daylilydayzed
03-15-2009, 02:10 PM
I will keep your grandmother in my my prayers!

Denise in Michigan
03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
She and all your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Arielluria
03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I will be lifting your grandmother up in prayer! The Lord knows and loves her. I pray also for you!
:muah:

knitkid11
03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I have some good news. My mom, me, and sister are trying to get the money to visit her! I have talked to her she does remember a lot just its like she has no emotion. She's just not happy. Thank you everyone for praying for her. I will keep in touch for you guys.

OxxxAmandaxxxO
03-16-2009, 10:29 PM
I hope you manage to get the money! Don't forget, a lot of medications can make you seem devoid of emotion, she was probibly just very tierd from them, the stress of it all and the stroke. I'm not surprised she's not too happy! Probibly had lots of poking and proding from the doctors and is fed up of that too.
My mum has just had a load of tests done and in the middle of it all got raging toothache. It was in a filling she's had for 40 years and has always played her up. They found out why when it was pulled (Big molar) it had 2 roots! I know she got fed up with all the pulling poking and proding she went through. (Blood tests, endoscopy, anemia, ect.)
I imagine if you can get over to her you Nan willl be thrilled and then you'll see lots of emotion from her! :)
I'll pray for you all again now. :) God bless and I really hope you can get over to see her. :) Take care, all of you. :) (((hugs)))

knitkid11
03-20-2009, 10:56 AM
I have outstanding news! My Grandma is doing a WHOLE LOT BETTER! She called me by my sweet little nickname she gave me when I was 3 (sweetcheeks)! She has a lot of her emotion back to!:cheering: Thank you everyone for supporting her! You guys out there are great people!:woot: My Aunt is going there for a little bit then once we get the money we are going! My Aunt would be gone by then. Thank you everyone!:hug:

Denise in Michigan
03-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Knitkid, I'm so happy for your good news!:cheering:

knitkid11
03-26-2009, 10:31 AM
:woohoo: WE GOT THE MONEY TO SEE HER! We are leaving tomorrow (March 27,2009)! We had this planned for a week. Forgot to tell all of you. sorry.:mrgreen:

Arielluria
03-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Praise the Lord! And I will keep you all in prayer for a safe and wonderful trip there and back!
:muah:

sgtpam
03-26-2009, 08:49 PM
:pray: Thank the Lord for answered prayer...and have a GREAT time with your grandmama. :hug:
I had some "last minute" time with mine a few months before she died and it's a very special last memory that I was able to add to all of my lifetime memories of her. It's hard when you know it may be the last...but, we are so blessed to have been able to have them for so long in our lives. Some are not so lucky!

Safe travels.:pray:

megan734
03-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Pray is all you can do. I said a Rosary for your Grandma. Please pray for MY Grandpa because he just passed away. Please accept my prayer and be happy!!!:woot:

Megan

MarisaLoveCat
03-30-2009, 03:12 AM
My best wishes to your grandma, hope she will get well.

I can understand your feeling now. My working place is far away from home. well my grandma in poor health for she is 88 years old now. I worried much about my grandma's health.

pray for dear grandma!

dustinac
03-30-2009, 10:36 PM
:hug::heart::hug:

mezmura
04-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Are you alissa:mrgreen:

chanters
04-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Awww :( *hugs*

Where in England is she? If she's close to Oxford and if you wanted to get anything to her quickly, maybe I could help?

mezmura
04-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I will pray for OUR grandma but, I didn't know you had a knittinghelp.com account till a few days ago. I hope to see you soon.
See yah Tic-tac or Boo boo:hug:

Doublereeder2
04-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Prayers for you, your dear Grandma and all your family.

knittingymnast
04-19-2009, 05:16 PM
You and your grandmother will be in my prayers. :pray: :hug:

Lucy78green
04-19-2009, 05:27 PM
My granny had a series of strokes before she died. She knew what she wanted to say, she just had trouble getting the right words - so sometimes it didn't make any sense, but she hadn't gone senile or anything. It depends on what part of the brain is affected by the stroke. She had to give up her sewing and crochet which she loved, but she lived for many years after the first 2 strokes.