PDA

View Full Version : Yarn on Elongated Stitch Scarf?

ZoeUna
03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Hello - There was a picture on this site of a multicolored Elongated Stitch Scarf. Now I see it in gray.

Does anybody know what type of yarn was used with the multicolored Elongated Stitch Scarf that was shown on this site?

I love :heart: that yarn!

melmac51
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm guessing you could choose any self-striping or variegated yarn, as long as it's the same weight/type. (Thinking the elongated stitch will be my next attempt.)

Good luck choosing one!

suzeeq
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Yep, any kind you want. That doesn't help you if you want to duplicate the colors, but you can pick a yarn with similar colors.

ZoeUna
03-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the advice. Here is a picture of what looks like a similar yarn (if I could attach it) in gray.

Do you know what type of yarn this is? If I were to do a search for this yarn, does anybody know what it's called?

dturner
03-18-2009, 06:41 PM
The Elongated Stitch scarf on this site is the very first project that I knitted! I also really liked the yarn used in the example scarf in the photo. I ended up using a ribbon yarn and a wool yarn held together. Mine doesn't look as good as the one in the photo, but I have worn it quite a few times, and I have even had a few compliments on it!

ZoeUna
03-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I am so grateful for this site.

knitasha
03-20-2009, 08:37 PM
I've made one like that in a rayon ribbon yarn -- very slinky and drapey, and the spaces where the stitches are elongated show up beautifully.

OTOH, I would not make it in a fuzzy or fluffy yarn -- the pattern won't show up and the holes will look like mistakes.

Bamboo or silk would be good, too.

WandaT
03-20-2009, 10:15 PM
That looks like Moonlight Mohair (by Lion Brand) to me.

sandillajoan
03-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the advice. Here is a picture of what looks like a similar yarn (if I could attach it) in gray.

Do you know what type of yarn this is? If I were to do a search for this yarn, does anybody know what it's called?
Hello....I just finished this scarf. I'm not sure what yarn was used in the photo, but the yarn I chose (which looks a lot like this) is LB Moonlight Mohair and I used it in the color "Tundra" which is black-grays with a metallic thread.