PDA

View Full Version : FO: Cute and easy baby sweater

TEMA
03-26-2009, 08:02 PM
I just finished this sweater this afternoon. :woohoo:
I've been working on it for about 5 days... my very first fast and easy... and the first time I've put on buttons, especially at the neck :teehee:
I made it from Paton's softy chunky yarn - grey and blue.
Then, before I sewed it together I added a little embroidery at the edge of the blue stripe.
I have no idea what they baby will be so I didn't want to take any chances... LOL!
The pattern is from KNITTING FOR TWO by Erika Knight and the instructions were really easy... I only needed a little help :aww: Right now I'm very pleased with it and have hopes of making a little hat to match.
TEMA :knitting:

TEMA
03-26-2009, 08:04 PM
P.S.
I thought about what I would have done differently and I believe I would not have only done the ribbing for one row as was called for in the pattern. I'm not at all partial for a rolled hem...
TEMA:knitting:

Jan in CA
03-26-2009, 08:19 PM
That's really cute, good job!

I did a rolled hem on my first sweater and if I remember correctly it called for a smaller needle for the rolled parts. That keeps the roll so it's smaller and looks good.

GirlChris
03-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Good job, it looks very handsome. that is pretty quick too. :knitting:

margz3
03-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Very cute! Nice colors :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
03-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Very nice work, TEMA!

MerigoldinWA
03-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi, I was just over in the help folder where you were asking about the shoulder button flap. I read that you had it done so I came to check it out.

It looks very good. That will be a nice little sweater for a kid to wear, cuddly and warm.

WandaT
03-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Great job!!! It looks great! I still have yet to try my first sweater.