PDA

View Full Version : First Pair of Socks

TEMA
03-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Well, here they are... I hope - if it goes thru...
I knit them in acrylic worsted weight yarn and found the last one easier than the first one so it's actually a tiny bit smaller than the 1st one.
My hubby has already worn them so I had to make him take them off so they could have their little photo shoot... LOL!
TEMA:happydance:

Jenelle
03-31-2009, 08:22 PM
They look great! :thumbsup:

The.Knitter
03-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Great job!!! They look fantastic!

GirlChris
03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
wonderful job, they look great.

momwolf
03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
If you have to MAKE your husband take off the socks you made him then there is no better compliment then that :yay:

TEMA
03-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Thank you...
Notice how long the foot part is - this man has humungus feet... good grief!:doh:
That being said - I am now making a pair of experiment socks for myself... so I guess that means I'm hooked! :teehee:
TEMA:knitting:

ArtLady1981
04-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Oh yeah! Nice socks! Classic style, classic color!

valentina
04-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Great socks!

WandaT
04-01-2009, 06:53 AM
Congrats Tema! They look wonderful!

Am I the ONLY one left who hasn't done socks yet? UGH! They are on my "to do" list. Just have to get all these baby things done first. Deadlines you know.

biztec
04-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Beautiful job!!!

margz3
04-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Congrats Tema! They look wonderful!

Am I the ONLY one left who hasn't done socks yet? UGH! They are on my "to do" list. Just have to get all these baby things done first. Deadlines you know.

No Wanda....you are NOT alone here! I totally plan on starting my first pair soon - hopefully this weekend! I have only had the yarn for a little over a year... :blush: I tried once but couldn't seen to get the knack of DPNs, but I just finished 2 berets where I had to use them at the end, and I think it helped me to figure out how I am supposed to use them. Or, I may try on circs...though my first attempt doing that wasn't very successful either. But I will be armed with Silver's tutorial this time to help me along the way :yay:

Tema - your socks look fantastic! I hope my first endeavor turns out as nicely as yours did! :thumbsup:

dmknits
04-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Great looking socks! :yay:

KnittingNat
04-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Congratulations! Welcome to the sock addicted club:hug:They look great!

auburnchick
04-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Fantastic socks!!! You should have just made the hubster pose with the socks on! Congrats on the first pair!!

:cheering:

I tried once but couldn't seen to get the knack of DPNs, but I just finished 2 berets where I had to use them at the end, and I think it helped me to figure out how I am supposed to use them. Or, I may try on circs...though my first attempt doing that wasn't very successful either.

I've made socks using dpn's, two circs, and magic loop. IMHO, two circs is the easiest. Try that...fewer needles to mess with and ladders are non-existent. And, of course, come here for help! :thumbsup:

knitfan
04-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Is there anyone who has tried socks and hates it? Or am I the only one? I love wearing them, receiving them as gifts, picking out yarn for them, but no way do I like knitting them. I get so tense and frustrated the whole time that it takes all the fun out of it.

Rene'

MerigoldinWA
04-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Those are nice. They don't look like worsted weight yarn, the stitches look very fine. You got a good fabric.