PDA

View Full Version : 1960s Mini Dress

Alysha
03-31-2009, 09:52 PM
While perusing vintageknits.com, I fell in love with this dress and my hands instantly started to itch for needles and yarn: http://vintageknits.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=239_27_107&products_id=5431
It looks like a fun, quick knit with cozy and cute results.

I've purchased patterns from the site before and thinks it's great, except now the only shipping option to Canada is $20.00 and I just can't spend that kind of money for a $1.80 pattern.

Does anyone have this pattern or know of somewhere else I could get it (or something very similar)? Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!!

Thank you!

http://vintageknits.com/zen/images/lion667.jpg

miccisue
04-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I noticed it said "Lion leaflet #667"....have you tried contacting Lion Brand yarns and seeing if they have any suggestions for you?

A long shot, I know, but worth an email. Otherwise, just start searching for vintage knit minidress patterns.

Alysha
04-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I've definitely put a few hours into fruitless googles searches, but I never thought of contacting Lion Brand directly. What a great idea miccisue! Thank you very much.

Alysha
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
WOW! They actually have it reposted as a current free pattern on the site. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MICCISUE!!!

http://cache.lionbrand.com/stores/lionbrand/pictures/60555a.jpg

sgtpam
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
:cool:

bambi
04-01-2009, 10:34 PM
That is a cute pattern! Thanks for posting.

Bambi

saracidaltendencies
04-01-2009, 11:07 PM
I love, love, love it in the first pic, the second, not so much...lol...Weird, isn't it, how a model (and photographer) can wear/use the same garment and depending on the model and photographer's style, the perception can be totally different?

Alysha
04-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. I was almost completely turned off by the modern picture, but the excitement of trying to emulate the original spurs me on. That model is incredibly striking and the pose is fantastic (do you think her legs ever end???). While I have neither her physique nor her flare, I'll muster up as much youth and attitude as I can to pull this off. I'm thinking of trying primary colours, red, blue, green, yellow... maybe some white or creme for lightness. Fingers crossed!

miccisue
04-02-2009, 08:21 PM
WOW! They actually have it reposted as a current free pattern on the site. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MICCISUE!!!

http://cache.lionbrand.com/stores/lionbrand/pictures/60555a.jpg

Apparently my "shot in the dark" formula works sometimes.;) Glad you were able to find it!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

saracidaltendencies
04-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. I was almost completely turned off by the modern picture, but the excitement of trying to emulate the original spurs me on. That model is incredibly striking and the pose is fantastic (do you think her legs ever end???). While I have neither her physique nor her flare, I'll muster up as much youth and attitude as I can to pull this off. I'm thinking of trying primary colours, red, blue, green, yellow... maybe some white or creme for lightness. Fingers crossed!

I can't wait to see finished pics!!

prettylittlelie
04-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh def. post pics when you're done!!!

I was debating making it,
&&it would be nice to see how it turns out

good luck :)

lavs
04-20-2009, 04:21 PM
hi,
just saw this post re the Lion mini-dress from the 60s. I wanted you to know there's NO way the postage to Canada should be 20.00, sorry if it came up at that rate! Postage would be about 2.00, I'm thinking maybe the weight got entered incorrectly.

Anyway, looks like you found the pattern on the Lion site (I didn't know it was there!).

Laurie
Vintage Knits

MrsWildchild
04-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Looks like extremely bulky yarn on extremely large needles!

Oh, "Speedstix" they call them! You must have to hold several yarns together, or something.

A quick knit, though, I guess.