PDA

View Full Version : The Impact of Your Generosity

MichiganRealtor
04-02-2009, 08:52 PM
:hug: I am new to knitting and have found -- in a short time how kind and friendly knitters are. My mother is nearing the end of her life and was recently in the oncology unit at a local Michigan hospital. One evening a Nurse Assistant entered the room and presented my dear mom with a beautiful crocheted throw. Attached was a beautiful note tied with a ribbon and it just filled the room with love and comfort -- as well as my own tears. Although I struggle a bit as I learn to knit, it made it all the more special to receive the gift as I understand the time and care that went into making this most special gift. Thank you for caring and know that even when you don't hear the thank you's from the recipients -- the joy is felt and seen by many. Gratitude and hugs -- Julie

Ladybug Lady
04-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi Julie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, but I am so glad that a kind knitter sent some love and comfort your way. Thank you for sharing your story about the recipient's side of compassionate knitting. Know that you and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jan in CA
04-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Thank you for letting us know how that our knitted efforts mean so much!

I'm sorry about your mom. :hug:

newbieknitter
09-04-2009, 11:12 PM
MichiganRealtor--check your pm's.

mwhite
09-05-2009, 08:51 AM
What a wonderful thank you and although I was not a participant, the kindness and love sent by these knitters can be felt by anyone reading your post. I join Ladybug Lady in expressing my prayers and thoughts for your mother. :hug: