PDA

View Full Version : hello

maszje
04-11-2009, 12:13 AM
My nme is Marilyn and I am an Ausssie. I am currently knitting sqares to be joined together to make blankets for the homeless here, in australia, as well as overseas.the ones i am knitting start and end with 3 stitches and come out like a diamond . i think they have to be blocked into a square if not I am doing something very wrong. advice would be appreciated,:grphug: :grphug: :grphug: thanks Marilyn

MGM
04-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi Marilyn! Are you increasing at the beginning of each row? Or are you increasing at both ends of each row?

If each row is (K1, yo, knit to end), then from the middle start to decrease at the beginning of each row with (K1, K2tog, knit to end) all the way back down to 3 stitches, then you should get a square.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

MGM

Chrysee
04-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Sounds like the most famous dishcloth pattern ever, right?

First time I made one of those, I had a pattern for it that said to use a sz10 and mine ended up being a loooong diamond, not very square at all. I used sz6 (I think?) the next time and it came out nice and thick and square (and smaller, of course). If you're following the pattern correctly, I would check your gauge and maybe use another size?