PDA

View Full Version : Positive thoughts for my Mom

Sewing Angel
04-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi all. My Mom broke her femur last weekend (she is almost 89) She had surgery on Monday and is now at the re-hab hospital. She is having some difficulty and we're not sure how the meds are affecting her. We would welcome any and all thoughts and prayers.
Angel

mwhite
04-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Certainly! Thoughts and prayers are on their way up! Keep us in the loop on her progress.....and a lil prayer for yourself as well.

ritaw
04-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your mum . I hope that she heals quickly . I will be thinking of you and your mum x

Simply_Renee
04-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Oh my gosh, Angel, that has got to be tough.

:hug: for you both!

Sewing Angel
04-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm headed to the hospital right now. They gave here some medication yesterday and she had a really horrible reaction to it. My DB is with her and stayed with her all night. She does not need that on top of the fracture. I will update later.

momwolf
04-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Angel sorry to hear about your mom.Will be thinking of you and your family:hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Sewing Angel
04-12-2009, 01:25 AM
She is doing a little better this evening. The medication has worn off and she is returning to her regular self. She still has a long way to go with rehabilatation, but I hope they are able to get her into a routine this coming week. Getting old and having things break is the pits.

Debkcs
04-12-2009, 03:15 AM
Sorry your Mom is going through this. She's fortunate to have you and your brother to care for her, many do not.

The best thing you can do for her while she is hospitalized, or if she has to go to rehab, is to be a presence in her room to the point that all the staff knows that family is watching her care.

Prayers said!

Denise in Michigan
04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Sewing Angel, you are all in my thoughts and prayers! I've been through this with my mom. Please know that rehabilitation is a key element in her recovery, and a care facility is the best place for her to receive it. Expect a lot of fatigue, both physical and mental, on her part. You and your brother will be her cheerleaders both now and when she returns home. Give her lots of praise and support, but make sure that she continues to do the things she's physically capable of doing.

Glad to hear that she's doing better--keep us posted!

saracidaltendencies
04-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm so sorry, I hope she fully recovers soon....My thoughts are with you and your family! :hug:

cindycactus
04-13-2009, 09:09 AM
:pray: Prayers for you mother and you too. She is lucky to have you and your brother.

PurlyGyrl
04-13-2009, 09:13 AM
:hug: Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery coming your way.

Jan in CA
04-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and hope she heals quickly! :hug:

Sewing Angel
04-17-2009, 01:45 AM
Well its been a long week! DM has been have some ups and downs, but I hope she is going in the right direction now. I wish she were a little more cooperative. I'm going to just keep wishing for that. DB has been staying with her most of the time and DS has been helping when she can. I was there more last week, when DH took time off to watch our DD. I can take her over there for a couple of hours at a time, but that's about all she will tolerate (some of you know that DD is disabled) DB is going to go home for a couple of days (he and DM live about 3 1/2 hours away) I hope she makes up her mind to get with the program. They live in a small town without the amount of services that she has available to her here.

momwolf
04-19-2009, 08:03 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: to you.

Knitting_Guy
04-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Sorry your mom is going through all of this, as well as for the added stress on you and your family.

Sewing Angel
04-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm wishes! She looked much better yesterday and they are going to start increasing her therapy this week. She just needs to make up her mind to fully participate.
I hope she is able to settle into a regular routine, I think it would really help.