PDA

View Full Version : A nice problem to have!

MoniDew
04-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Having to frog back a sweater you're in the middle of, in order to remake it a smaller size, because you've lost weight!
:cheering: :woot: :woohoo: :yay: :roflhard: :yay: :woohoo: :woot: :cheering:

Jan in CA
04-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Good for you! :yay: I'm glad I didn't make any sweaters though before I lost weight! :teehee:

MoniDew
04-13-2009, 02:31 PM
lately, I've been starting them a size smaller than I currently wear, but with my knitting line-up, I'd better start them 2 sizes smaller, so that I don't lose faster than I knit!

Jan in CA
04-13-2009, 04:14 PM
It's a great problem to have though! Congratulations on sticking with it, doesn't it feel good? :thumbsup:

VictoiseC
04-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Congratulations too! I lost 25 pounds then I gained them back boo hoo. I'm not too bad now but I need to exercise more.

MoniDew
04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Congratulations too! I lost 25 pounds then I gained them back boo hoo. I'm not too bad now but I need to exercise more.
I'm on my third trip through weight watchers. I lost 75lbs the first time, and 50 the second. Unbelievably, I gained back 80 this time! And I have to lose all that weight, AGAIN.

What's completely rediculous is that I don't take action at 2lbs, or 5lbs, but I wait until I'm gigantic and can't stand myself before I do something about it. People who truly love themselves do not do this!!!

This time, I'm playing for keeps! This time, I'm here to become a completely different person. Someone who exercises self-control, moderation, and most importantly, has a decent level of SELF RESPECT!

I am going to stop feeling sorry for myself, stop stuffing my face to stuff my feelings, say what I think/feel/believe and insist that others respect me!

No woman accidentally weighs over 200lbs. They get that way by allowing everyone to take advantage of them without speaking up for themselves. They get that way by allowing others to dictate to them what they should think, how they should feel, etc. They get that way by being polite to the point of being a doormat. Then, they take comfort in food to soothe the hurt of allowing themselves to be treated like a NOTHING!

Believe me, if they were a little "meaner" about setting and defending their personal boundaries, they would have NO PROBLEM defending the boundaries of their weight/eating habits/exercise, etc. It's all about the BOUNDARIES!

I'm learning.....:yay:

VictoiseC
04-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Whew, that was some amount of .... emotion there! Well, congrats again and I understand what you're going through although I'm not a big eater... I end up smoking/drinking which I've been trying like H. to stop. If I don't I'll kill myself period. I've had esophogitis from drinking too much wine or tomato juice or Advil so now Ijust can't do what I used to but I still try when I'm upset or angry. Or frustrated. Etc. Esophigitis however you spell can turn and does turn into cancer so.... But I ignore when I get overweight too until it's necessary to take action. From your other post in ny other post (about changing my life and moving) I think a lot of this has to do with not doing something incredible, you know what I mean? I mean you raised children which is wonderful, but I mean an interesting crazy thing, like working with horses or or flying a plane or something... which women do. Ok, enough for now. !

LadyFirelyght
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I WISH I had that problem! Eesh, I've been trying to lose weight for over a year and have only lost 5lbs.

Congrats!

Jan in CA
04-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Five years or so ago I lost 47 lbs and then over time gained back 25. I lost that 25 in 2008 and THIS time when I got a few pounds up I started tracking my food again! It is the smart thing to do, but not always easy for sure. :thumbsup:

MoniDew
04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Whew, that was some amount of .... emotion there!

you're right! I'm very angry with myself. I feel like the most emotionally stupid person on earth. Everyone else figures out these things far faster and easier than I do! I must be emotionally retarded!

Anyway, I've got a long way to go toward fixing my head. But this time through WW, that's what the journey is about!

I'm sorry to hear of your esophogitis. Please take care of your health! I've read various articles on the topic. One on a German study that found a link between bread/wheat/grains consumption and esophogial cancer. And one on eating/drinking very hot foods. The acidic stuff makes sense to me, too. Just be extremely healthy in every way you can, right now. I'll be :pray:

saracidaltendencies
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Way to go, MoniDew, congrats! :cheering:

However, and I don't say this to offend, I think you're being waaaaay too hard on yourself. Please, don't look at past obstacles as making you "emotionally retarded", see them as learning experiences; experiences in which to grow from, and possibly, mistakes not to be made again while at the same time understanding you are only human so you may make some of those "mistakes" again. If that happens, you must keep your head up and learn from it once more.

There's a TON of conviction in what you have said and I'd hate for something to happen that would make you feel like you have failed and fall into a downward spiral. And trust me, I have done that. Many times.

Anyway, if you'd ever like to talk, you can always PM me or e-mail me...I think you have my e-mail address from when I orded some tea...If not, I can send it to you. :hug:

MoniDew
04-15-2009, 11:24 AM
wow! that is the sweetest and kindest response I've ever gotten to one of my emotional tyraids! LOL! THANK YOU!

Yes, I do tend to say things with a ton of emotional conviction. I guess I need to work myself into that state, so that I will stick to my convictions when obstacles arise.

Unfortunately, I've spent my entire life being TALKED OUT OF things that are important to me because they were uncomfortable to someone else. I never take the risk of hurting someone else, but instead, hurt myself. I've lived half a life as a result (maybe less than half a life.)

I am trying to learn why I hold myself back from fulfillment and success. I'm trying to learn why being polite and not hurting someone else's feelings matters more to me than being happy myself.

And, bottom line: I want to truly live! Sometime before I die, I want to live.

That's what taking control of my life means to me. Whether that's running my own business, or getting my weight in line, or knitting myself a sweater. It's just getting life on my terms again.

Because of my doormat tendencies, my sons (and others) have brought things into my life that I never signed on for, never bargained for, and have caused me so much emotional pain! I need to grow a titanium reinforced spine! I need to take my life back.

So, If I start to say things with excessive emotional conviction, just realize that I am preaching to myself. Reminding myself WHY I'm doing what I'm doing.

Thank you so much for your kindness and friendship. You have NO IDEA how much it means to me as I reinvent myself (at nearly 50 yrs old).

nephnie
04-15-2009, 01:00 PM
:woohoo: That is a great problem to have. Congrats!!!!:cheering:

Now, if I could only get boy to stop bringing me donuts (and other junk food) when I start losing weight I think I'd be all set.

I agree that you were being a little hard on yourself. Little changes equal big rewards. I started to not be a "doormat" by saying no to a request once a day, usually to something small, and sometimes to myself. Now I say no to people all the time and I no longer feel guilty about it.