PDA

View Full Version : Got peeps?

JessicaR
04-17-2009, 10:40 PM
No, not the human kind, the sugar kind! I'm sure since it's after Easter you do! Well, I've had a few packs sitting in the cupboard, prob 2-3 years old at this point. We tried roasting them over the campfire tonight and they were awesome!!! Really crispy outside. The bunnies roast better since they are skinnier, the outside is nice and crunchy and the inside it all melty, mmmmm! Ok, I think the sugar is getting to me! ;)

HollyP
04-17-2009, 10:57 PM
That sounds pretty good. I don't think I've had a peep since the early 90's when my Gram used to give them to us in our Easter baskets.
I saw a guy on the Food Network that uses Peeps for artwork. I was sure this was going to be a link to his work!:teehee: So if you can't eat anymore peeps you can design with them like this guy (http://www.peepsshow.com/)

Craw
04-19-2009, 05:55 PM
What a neat idea! I have a pack from this Easter so I'm saving them for our first BBQ. :)

cindycactus
04-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Thats funny. I haven't eaten one since I was a child. Didn't really care for them but they were cute. :teehee: This year a friend told me she was really upset because she could only find a couple packs of the yellow peeps (her fave) and she liked to buy up enough to get her through the year. I happened to be in a store that had quite a few so I bought her 4 packs. She was sooooo happy. She is 78 year old!!! :roflhard: I love to make my "young" friends happy!!!