PDA

View Full Version : Looking for elephant blanket idea

cropperjo
04-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Hi, I am new here! Will introduce myself another time! This looks like a great site! I am needing a pattern for a knit blanket that one corner will look like the end of an elephant's trunk. My soon-to-be grandson's mama loves elephants and I am making a blanket on the diagonal, I want to end the last corner as above. Any ideas?
:knitting: thanks, Chris in Oregon

HollyP
04-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi and Welcome!
www.freepatterns.com (http://www.freepatterns.com/)( you have to join but it is free) has a blanket called Spencer the Elephant that has a trunk. Maybe you could use that pattern for the trunk on your blanket.

Jan in CA
04-22-2009, 02:14 PM
So you want one end to be extra long and narrow like an elephants trunk? I'm having trouble visualizing this..:think: I can't find any patterns like that although I did find some blankets with elephants on them.

Maybe you could make that corner flatter and then duplicate stitch the 'trunk' on top? :??

cropperjo
04-22-2009, 04:08 PM
thanks for the webite! I'll check that out. I appreciate you both replying so fast! wowl

lulubell
04-22-2009, 10:02 PM
thanks for the webite! I'll check that out. I appreciate you both replying so fast! wowl

I have just had a look, it sure has a trunk! I think it would be easy to adapt to the corner of the blanket!

cropperjo
04-23-2009, 03:35 PM
That is my plan! It's so cute. I have already made the cutest elephant infant hat complete with ears and a trunk~! I have yet to find appropriate eye buttons, but that won't take much I hope. thanks again, Chris