PDA

View Full Version : EpiPens... anybody else got one?

lizardknits
04-25-2009, 04:14 PM
I just got a 2 pack EpiPen (T) yesterday morning. I'm supposedly allergic to peanuts (i say supposedly because the test probably needs to be redone for valid results, as my throat was scratchy that day). Now I avoid peanuts and fear even eating anything with them. (and I have practiced stabbing myself with the trainer pen :teehee: )

i miss peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Debkcs
04-26-2009, 01:47 PM
I've had an epipen for years, as I'm allergic to insect stings; just about all of them.

Fortunatly, everyone in my family is medical in one way or another, so no problem with getting jabbed if I need it and can't do it myself.

Once you find out what you are allergic to, there are other types of nuts to enjoy. My friend can eat nuts grown on trees, just not 'ground nuts'. Hope you can have a P,B and J at sometime.

JustAFloridaGirl
04-26-2009, 09:36 PM
My husband is allergic to peanuts and has an epipen for it. It's sometimes a very nervewracking allergy since peanuts can "accidentally" find their way into a lot of foods that are supposed to be peanut-free. I am very careful, too, not to eat anything with peanuts. When my husband and I were first dating, within a short period of time I heard of two cases on the evening news...one where a girl had eaten something with peanuts in it and then kissed her boyfriend, who was allergic to peanuts, and it killed him. The second was a guy whose friend's dog licked him and he had a severe allergic reaction...the dog's food had peanut in it. Needless to say, those two stories made me paranoid!

Xyza
04-26-2009, 10:30 PM
I had an allergic reaction a couple nights ago and now have to carry an epipen with me. Haven't had an allergy test yet so I have no idea what triggered it but think that it was probably something I ate since it happened after eating. I'm avoiding what I ate that day but every meal is a little frightening.

Knitting_Guy
04-27-2009, 09:18 PM
EpiPens... anybody else got one?
I had one but it didn't write worth a damn.

lizardknits
04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
silly mason, epipens are not for writing.....