PDA

View Full Version : If you haven't tried MoniDew's Tea . . .

zkimom
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
you don't know what you are missing!

I hope this is an acceptable post but I had to share.

Her tea is so yummy, it should be illegal.

So if you haven't ordered any, you should.

Right now I'm heading over to make an iced Coconut Truffle Latte.

Yum.

saracidaltendencies
04-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I second that!! I bought the Chocolate Mint Rooibos and it's DELICIOUS! I must admit, I also have a habit of just opening the container and sniffing it throughout the day as well :teehee:

MoniDew
04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
OMG!!!!! I can't even say how much I love you guys! :muah:

Knitting_Guy
04-27-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm heading over to make an iced Coconut Truffle Latte.

Yum.
And this is a good thing?

:rofl:

Sorry, but I like a good Earl Grey with a bit of honey, not some fancy thing like that. Sounds too complicated for me.

I feel the same way about Starbucks.

bambi
04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Mason, she does an earl grey cream that shouldn't be missed! And I totally second the coconut truffle. Decadent.

Bambi

zkimom
04-27-2009, 10:25 PM

Sorry, but I like a good Earl Grey with a bit of honey, not some fancy thing like that. Sounds too complicated for me.

Ok, maybe the Coconut Truffle is a bit much for a manly man like you, Mason! :teehee:

But her Earl Grey is pretty fab, too.

zkimom
04-27-2009, 10:27 PM
I second that!! I bought the Chocolate Mint Rooibos and it's DELICIOUS! I must admit, I also have a habit of just opening the container and sniffing it throughout the day as well :teehee:

Me, too! Makes my kids nuts -- "Mom, stop smelling the tea!"

:aww:

MoniDew
04-27-2009, 11:50 PM

Mason, I have a wonderful Earl Grey Cream. It tastes just like a dreamsicle (from the ice cream man, when you were a little kid...?) but warm, if you can wrap your imagination around that. AWESOME with cream and sugar (or honey...)

MoniDew
04-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Me, too! Makes my kids nuts -- "Mom, stop smelling the tea!"

:aww:
:cheering: :yay: :woohoo: :woot: :roflhard: :woot: :woohoo: :yay: :cheering:

The only "natural flavoring" in them is essential oils. Same thing as the perfume industry (obviously, it's food grade and all-natural) That's why they smell so good.
You should smell my house! LOL!!!!

MoniDew
04-27-2009, 11:54 PM
I can't get over how blessed I am to have friends like you guys! I AM SO BLESSED!!!!! :aww: :heart: :muah: :grphug:

Knitting_Guy
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Mason, I have a wonderful Earl Grey Cream. It tastes just like a dreamsicle (from the ice cream man, when you were a little kid...?) but warm, if you can wrap your imagination around that. AWESOME with cream and sugar (or honey...)

Cool, I might like to try it, but do you have one that tastes like, ummmmm, tea?

MoniDew
04-28-2009, 12:00 AM
actually, no. I can't compete with Lipton's (wouldn't want to anyway) This is a premium, gourmet, specialty item. That's the niche I want to fill. So far, only flavored blends.

But I'll give it some thought...

Knitting_Guy
04-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Just kidding around, no offense meant.

MoniDew
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
none taken! it was my business strategy from the beginning.

Jan in CA
04-28-2009, 01:10 AM
They sound yummy! I'll have to try some when I run out of the ones I have now. :thumbsup:

MoniDew
04-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Would you guys like to decide what my May special is going to be? I'd love to have your imput (as long as it's short of "everything's free in the month of May"...) LOL!

KnittingNat
04-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Monica, are you shipping outside of US? I'd really like to try your tea :)

MoniDew
04-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't know how to set the shipping rates for outside of the US (that covers a lot of territory! LOL) But, if you'd like to place an order, please do. We'll figure out the shipping later.

MoniDew
04-29-2009, 11:37 PM
For those of you who are keeping up:
My Cup of Tea May Newsletter & Monthly Specials are now available. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!
http://www.mycupoftea.net/monthlynewsletter.htm

biztec
04-30-2009, 07:58 AM
I bought the Chocolate Mint Rooibos, and it is fantastic. I thought it might be weak looking/tasting like green tea can sometimes be, but it had a lot of flavor. The little sachets the tea comes in are almost too pretty to throw away after brewing!

tokmom
04-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh yum! I have overstock of tea, but when I have a few pennies left over I want to try the vanilla chai.
I'm totally hooked on Starbucks Chai tea:aww:, but can't afford more than a couple of times a month.

And coconut? Oh bestill my heart!:inlove:

MoniDew
04-30-2009, 05:03 PM
I bought the Chocolate Mint Rooibos, and it is fantastic. I thought it might be weak looking/tasting like green tea can sometimes be, but it had a lot of flavor. The little sachets the tea comes in are almost too pretty to throw away after brewing!

That particular tea is fantastic with cream & sugar. It's like drinking hot cocoa with mint! YUM! It's not a green tea, but rather an herbal. And rooibos has a calming, soothing effect. GREAT tea to curl up with on a rainy day! I'm so glad you liked it!

MoniDew
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Oh yum! I have overstock of tea, but when I have a few pennies left over I want to try the vanilla chai.
I'm totally hooked on Starbucks Chai tea:aww:, but can't afford more than a couple of times a month.

And coconut? Oh bestill my heart!:inlove:

Oh - funny you say that! My son had some college-age friends over last weekend. They are Starbuck Chai fans and wanted to try mine. They pronounced it better than Starbucks! My buttons were popping! HA!

I had chai in an Indian restaurant today, and they brought me this tea that was basically Lipton's with a ton of cinnamon in it. What - did they think that would fool me?! LOL! Mine's better by an Oklahoma mile! (BRAGGING!!! I know. But when it is, IT IS!) :roflhard:

You're gonna love the coconut truffle, too. They are similar in the sense that the chai and the coconut are both very robust teas. Nothin' mamby-pamby about these!

Can't wait for you to try them both!

AngieLanigan
05-01-2009, 02:31 PM
MoniDew, would you be able/willing to sell me a "sample kit" of your herbal teas? Like just one teabag (or pouch, or whatever it's called!) of each flavour?

Here's the thing. I don't like tea, but I've always wanted to like it. I really dislike coffee, and always thought that tea would be such a great alternative hot drink. Low in calories/carbs/fat, no/low caffeine. The problem is that every tea I've tried tastes like... well... dirt :oops: Some herbal teas I'll admit aren't quite as bad, they don't hit me with that tea taste/smell as much as regular teas do.

I was looking at your site after reading through this thread, and your herbal teas sound so delicious. In theory, anyway LOL I don't have a good track record with tea, but I'm willing to keep trying to find one I like.

If you're able to do some sort of a sampling, I'd be happy to pay for them + shipping. If not, I'd understand, though! Thanks!

MoniDew
05-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Angie, I have my packagers produce a box of samples for me every month. But I sort of randomly select which flavor to turn into a batch of samples. (instead of packaging the entire batch into tins, I have them package the entire batch into sample pouches) This month I chose a green tea. Next month, just for you, I'll have them do an herbal. Which flavor would you like - Strawberry Kiwi? Cranberry Harvest? or Chocolate Mint?

MoniDew
05-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Just had the most incredible day today! What a blessing! I just feel so much gratitude right now that I have to say something! Thanks to all you lovely people here! And thanks to all the lovely people who stopped by my sampling table today.

Just so you know, I sampled out the Coconut Truffle as an iced latte and I have never sold so much coconut truffle in my life! THANK YOU to Susan (zkimom) for the incredible insight! Sold Golden Grapefruit (hot) until I pumped the well dry. What a day!

Just a shout out of thanks to God for this day. WOW!

cheley
05-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi there..Do you do Chai that can be iced???? Most of the ones I've tried (OTC) aren't good iced... I wanted to post now, then check out your newsletter...Thanks:hug:

MoniDew
05-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi there..Do you do Chai that can be iced???? Most of the ones I've tried (OTC) aren't good iced... I wanted to post now, then check out your newsletter...Thanks:hug:
oh, yeah! chai is heavenly iced! I sell a Vanilla Chai Spice that you might like. Comes in loose leaf or in pouches. Available through the site. Just click on my siggy.