PDA

View Full Version : FO: EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket

KnittingNat
05-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I finally knit this pattern and i must admit - EZ was a genius! It's simple and mind boggling all at once! Knit on 4.5mm with stash acrylics in purples and pinks and some gray. My photo skills are not allowing me to show the colors exactly, they are much more vibrant and the cuff is in dark purple and the dark panel in the middle is dark burgundy. The buttons are not yet sewn on, just modeled. I also added a garter stitch ruffle fom Nicky Epstein's "Knitting on the edge" for the cuff and added a small garter stitch collar, where i went up a needle size or two every two rows. I'll wash it and sew the buttons later, because co-worker's baby girl is due late June and i want it to be washed before gifting, as my house is filled the cat and dog hairs:teehee:

Jan in CA
05-02-2009, 04:40 PM
That is beautiful!! :inlove:

Yep, gotta love that pattern! :thumbsup:

newamy
05-02-2009, 05:10 PM
That's beautiful!!

knittingymnast
05-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Ooh, that's so pretty!

blessedtosew
05-02-2009, 10:22 PM
That is GORGEOUS!!!!

GirlChris
05-02-2009, 11:54 PM
That is just fabulous! It's gorgeous :yay:

Debkcs
05-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Love the colors you chose, it's just adorable.

May I ask how long it took to make it?

ArtLady1981
05-03-2009, 02:00 AM
I said it before, I'm gonna say it again! WOW!
This is one of the nicest EZ baby cardigans I've ever seen!
You applied just the right colors together! Perfectly sequenced!

KnittingNat
05-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Love the colors you chose, it's just adorable.

May I ask how long it took to make it?

Thank you! It took me a month, but i had 2-3 projects alongside this one. You can knit it in 3-5 days, depending on yarn and needle size. Some make it with sock yarn to achieve newborn size.

KnittingNat
05-03-2009, 02:50 AM
I said it before, I'm gonna say it again! WOW!
This is one of the nicest EZ baby cardigans I've ever seen!
You applied just the right colors together! Perfectly sequenced!

thank you:aww: That's what i do with my acrylic stash - i choose nice colors and make baby clothes. I already have a few sets for at least 2 more BSJ's - in earthy colors and in black and white:thumbsup: