PDA

View Full Version : Spring Sweater for DGD

MerigoldinWA
05-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I started this back about April 8 or so and then had to stop and knit a shower gift. Then I knit some baby socks and I finally got back to it. I managed to figure out what I had been doing and got it done. :woot:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q220/JoodieKadoodie/Sweaters/wiggles2sm.jpg

This is another of my own designs. I did use Sweater Wizard a bit to help with the set in sleeves. Pattern stitches: The border is from Knitting on the Edge and is called Quill Eyelet. The eyelets for the main body of the sweater are from a Harmony Guide; the pattern is called Little Flowers.

I made this in 5 pieces and sewed it together. The sleeves are meant to be just below the elbows or 3/4 or something. I haven't gotten to try it on my DGD yet. I finished the fronts with one row of sc and some chain loops. I used two of the loops for buttonholes.

The yarn is TLC Wiggles. I think the yarn knits up nicely, but I don't know how practical the wiggles are on it. They look like something little fingers would love to try to pull on. :eyes:

Here is a close up of things.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q220/JoodieKadoodie/Sweaters/wigglesclose-upsm.jpg

I got to show it to my daughter the other night but didn't give it to her because I didn't have any pictures yet. My DD liked the way it turned out. I had shown it to her as a UFO and she wasn't sure how she was liking the yarn. But now that it is done she likes it. :)

mwhite
05-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, SUPER PRETTY, I am a sucker for pastels and this is so nice! Great job, really nice!
The lil buttons are just perfect.

wezyus
05-07-2009, 12:48 AM
wowwwwww's thats superb n mindblowing ...gr8 job n wel done ..thnks

Jan in CA
05-07-2009, 01:42 AM
That yarn was perfect for that! It's like it has little spring flowers on it! It's an adorable sweater!

Slim
05-07-2009, 07:16 AM
It's lovely! I'm impressed with your design skills.

blessedtosew
05-07-2009, 07:23 AM
That is so YUMMY!!! It makes me think of cotton candy.:heart:

margz3
05-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Another SUPER design :thumbsup: So pretty and springy!

GirlChris
05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Ahh, what a cute sweater, she's gonna look so pretty in it.

MoniDew
05-07-2009, 12:19 PM
:heart: totally adorable! :heart:

knittingymnast
05-07-2009, 06:27 PM
That's soo cute!

aprilbetty
05-07-2009, 06:47 PM
The sweater is absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for giving all the details.

Skater
05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Wow. What a fantastic-looking little sweater. You did a great job creating it!:yay:

ArtLady1981
05-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I love love love your latest creation, Judy! And I love love love WIGGLES yarn! Where in the world did you find it?
Well, I'll google it later! I think the little bits of WIGGLE colorettes add all the charm in the world! At first, I expanded the photo to look closely at what you'd done! I thought, "OH MY, has Judy added hand-embroidery, too? If so, I wonder what special stitch it is?" (I'm not an embroiderer!)

Well, all in all, the little bits of color look like a field of itty bitty springtime flowers!

This is a MASTERPIECE! I'm in love!

Now, off to google that yarn.....

Simply_Renee
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
That is sooo cute- it just screams "Spring!"

MerigoldinWA
05-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Thanks ArtLady. The little 'wiggles' do look a lot like embroidered bullion stitches in different colors. I notice the skein says hand wash and it is acrylic. I hadn't noticed that. :-( Maybe it is because the 'wiggles' can get snagged on things. Maybe if it was washed in a lingerie bag it would be all right.

I got the yarn several years back at the variety store near Safeway in Chelan. Does TLC still make it? Were you able to find any?

ArtLady1981
05-10-2009, 04:23 AM
I found some online, but the WIGGLES I found is Red Heart.
Found some on Ebay, too. Joann.com, too, but they say it's sold out at this time.

Yes, putting it in a lingerie bag, washing on gentle cycle with coolish warm water, lay flat to dry, that should be ok.

MerigoldinWA
05-10-2009, 04:34 AM
ArtLady,

The Wiggles I have is TLC but I think that is the same thing as Red Heart really. The skein says Coats and Clark, and when I did a search for "Coats and Clark yarn" the page that came up was for Red Heart, TLC and Moda-Dea. I think they are all made by the same people. Here is a link to a page with the TLC Wiggles, just like mine. LINK (http://www.coatsandclark.com/Products/KnittingCrochet/Yarns/Light/Coats+and+Clark++Light+Yarns+-+3+weight.htm)

Thanks for the vote for the lingerie bag for the washing.