PDA

View Full Version : how many WIPs do you have?

knititgood
05-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Right now I have three and I feel that is way too many. I have a bib, which will get finished today, socks(one is done) and a sweater for my 11th old which is about 70% done(i started it on April 13th). I feel bad for not finishing them and wanting to start something new. Does anyone else feel this way?

cftwo
05-15-2009, 10:44 AM
four that I'm aware of (some others are buried pretty deeply).

1) mindless garter stitch dishcloth
2) easy lacy shawl
3) lacy scarf
4) alpaca turtleneck sweater

Since knitting is my second hobby, the WIPs don't bother me that much. I'll get around to finishing them eventually.

TrikkeAddict
05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
I have 4 UFOs - a scarf that is close to being finished but I haven't worked on it for months. A sweater that I'm knitting from the top down - need to do about 3 inches of the bottom and one sleeve. I just started working on it again a week or two ago.

A rug for the bathroom - I've been working on that every day now for about a week, but it doesn't seem like I'm making much progress because it's going to be pretty big.

And an afghan for my husband, which I started months ago and hate knitting because it's dark blue, which makes it hard to see the stitches unless I'm in very bright light.

I'm determined to finished these 4 objects before I buy more yarn for something else. (Not that I don't have a ton of yarn stashed already!!!)

AH1OZ
05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
i have 2 blankets (one baby and one gigantic one that will take forever to complete - its a presents for my sons 1st birthday which isnt till dec 20th)

knititgood
05-15-2009, 11:46 AM
my oldest birthday is December 21st! he will be 5 this year.

Craw
05-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Right now I have 4. Two are knit (cami top and felted purse), two are crochet (beach blanket and afghan). The crochet afghan is destined for the frog pond so I can try a different pattern. The urge is always there to start something new! Gotta have discipline. I don't have any, LOL. I can't stop myself from buying yarn for the next and the next and the next project even though I might not get to them for a year and in that time, change my mind about the yarn or the project!

AngieLanigan
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM
I have a scarf & a 2nd fingerless glove in progress, they're Christmas gifts, so no rush. I'm also working on a stole I think will be a birthday gift for SIL (end of Aug), and I just cast on for a Mr Dangley monkey with plans to make one for each of the boys.

Mike
05-15-2009, 12:38 PM
One that I'm actually working on (sweater).
One I should finish but I picked it up before starting the sweater and couldn't figure out how I was doing it as fast as I was when I last did it (Tunisian/crochet-on-the-double combo).

One that is sleeping until winter again (huge 8'x8' crochet). One that is sleeping because the colors give me a migraine. One I've had the yarn for over a year, it would be a hot weather item because it's sort of granny squares.

Abbily
05-15-2009, 01:02 PM
I have, amazingly, only one that I'm actively working on at the moment. However, I have a sweater, a sock and a stole in hibernation at the moment. I usually have at least 3 different active projects going at any one time because I get bored with one, move to another, then back to the one.... some are better for traveling than others, some are better for working on in a particular location than others, some are good TV knitting and some are not... :)

Jan in CA
05-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Umm...:shifty: 3 adult sweaters, 2 scarves, 1 kid sweater, 1 sock, 1 bear sweater, and maybe more I've forgotten. I've also got a couple ongoing log cabin blankets for charity, but they are intended to go slowly with added stash yarn so I don't count them.

I can't help myself... :lol: Some people have way more though! :zombie:

I see some people are classifying their WIPs as hibernating... yea, that's my story, too. And I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Plantgoddess+
05-15-2009, 01:54 PM
It can be scary when you start to add them up. I have a crochet tablecloth in hibernation, 2 shawls, 2 pr socks, a sweater and a t shirt waiting to be finished. The sweater is 3/4 of a sleeve away from being done, the t shirt is 1 and 1/4 cap sleeve away from being done and the socks are just underway and may yet be frogged as I'm not happy with my stitch design and yarn match up.
I want to cast on for bathroom curtains as soon as I figure out my stitch design.

HollyP
05-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I have 2 active WIPs right now. A log cabin stash buster baby blanket and an afghan for myself. I should have a couple of oddball baby blankets soon so that will be 4 actives.
I also 3 or 4 hibernating WIPs. They are bears that need to be seamed. I really didn't like the yarn I used for them. I should probably frog them but I have all the pieces done. I'll probably finish them up when the above WIP become FOs!
hookedonknitting reminded me of another hibernating project a baby hat I keep in the car for appointments and line waiting

hookedonknitting
05-15-2009, 02:08 PM
YAY! My people!!! My husband always gives me grief when I start a new project without finishing the last!! I only have two on the go a bathmat- I agree they take forever, no instant gratification!! and a nicu hat ( I am sure everyone has seem my post around lately!). I too have some plans for MR. dangles, but only if I can do it without my hubby noticing!! LOL!:roflhard:

Vertigo1414
05-15-2009, 02:10 PM
i only have 2 thing in the needles right now, my blue and brown blanket and some little bags for christmas. i have patterns and yarn picked out for 3 more things though...

Mirl56
05-15-2009, 03:14 PM
3 right now: 1 laceweight shawl (luna moth); 1 Little Arrowhead shawl w/Caron Spa; 1 turtle dishcloth.

the laceweight shawl is my first venture into serious what I call 'real' lace and is scaring the be-jesus out of me. I'm not too far into it and want to give it more time before I admit defeat and give up.

I started the Spa shawl yesterday when I spent the day at the hospital while my Mom had hip surgery.

The dishcloth is my 'waiting in the car' project.

Vertigo1414
05-15-2009, 03:17 PM
ok, ten minutes after i posted that i started my very first pair of socks.so i'm working on 3 things...

sakura-panda
05-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I only admit to two WIPs: a baby hat and a log cabin blanket. ;) (I will have three when the scrubbie netting arrives in the next day or so. :lol:)

bambi
05-15-2009, 06:39 PM
EEK! I have 5 that I can think of:

1) Socks that I have been working on since Thanksgiving

2) Sweater for me

3) Sweater for DH

4) Shrug for DD

5) Getting ready to start a prayer shawl

Terrible because in so many other aspects of my life I love to finish things before I start others!

Bambi

MoniDew
05-16-2009, 07:26 PM
OMG! When I saw the title of this post, my immediate, out-loud, answer was "WAY TOO MANY!" :roflhard:

I have :
a pair of socks, nearly done

a sweater, summer yarn, about half-done, that I realized I didn't like the waistband on and want to rip it back and redo it from that point

another sweater, winter-weight yarn, that I stopped working on until fall, so that I could wear it immediately when completed

A crochet project, a tandom mamaw/granddaughter project, that I believe I am actually working on alone...no biggie

A quilt I started 3 years ago and never finished, and likely will never finish

And, that's all I can think of at the moment. If anything else comes to mind, I'll edit back in and let you know.

:roflhard:

Firey Vixxen
05-17-2009, 10:03 AM
We're just talking about WIPs right? the "hmm, I'm tired of this project, lets switch" projects? Not the "I have cast on and must finish at some point" projects? right? right?
I currently have 7 of the first one (I have a case of KADD. It's terminal.) and way way way too many "in the wings" projects, and even more "hibernating" UFO's.
I would say I win... but I don't think its a good thing!
Going to Stay Annomynus... Damn, you Avatar ;)

knittingymnast
05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Somewhere around 10. :aww:

4 pairs of socks, 1 shawl, 2 scarves, and either 2 or 3 berets. I don't remember.

gingerbread
05-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I have about four on the needles right now. That is only because I had hand surgery and I don't knit for long. It is getting better thank goodness and so I keep on going. The other night my oldest says "Mom do you ever finish anything", I just looked at him and said yes I do in my own time. Kids gotta love em.

ArtLady1981
05-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Ten.

sabrinasmom
05-17-2009, 09:36 PM
One.

Only one at a time or they would all be UFOs. Forever.

LadyFirelyght
05-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Right now, I only have one WIP. A Cardigan for my niece which will be given to her for Christmas! I hate having more than one project OTN, so I try to finish each project as quickly as possible. I have a big problem in the rest of my life with not finishing what I start, so knitting is helping me change that! :)

MAmaDawn
05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I always have at least 12, usually more like 15 to 20. Yup I know I've got a problem.

Don't feel bad for 3 or 4. If I got down to that many I would not know what to do with myself. :teehee:

OffJumpsJack
05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Enumerated list, not quantities.

1) scarf, that has stalled since spring arrived.
2) mindless garder st dish cloth.
3) a sock like tube to slip over my sun visor of my car; (first of a planned set).
4) crochet doily, a pattern I've got in my head and need to write down.
5) a Tunisian crochet dish cloth (I think I started on the wrong size hook). :roll:
6) Scarf? UFO crochet in dark green acrylic.
7 & 8) two (maybe a third) crochet doilies in #20 thread that I started years ago and left with my mom before I married. What pattern was I using? :oo:

Sweater (ragland knit from top down) swatched but not started. I need the right size circulars before I can get going.

Yarn for a baby blanket (the child may be in college before I get started on it :roflhard: ).

Well, I'm sure I missed or have forgotten some too.

For knitting I don't just have ADD I have AD OL AS...

Attention Deficit~Oh Look~A Squirrel!

knititgood
05-18-2009, 07:23 PM
10 or 20 wips! WOW. I dont think i could handle that. i guess only 3 isn't so bad? :knitting:

linknit41
05-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Three--a mesh shopping bag, an 18" square preemie blanket and a featherwisp scarf that keeps getting longer and the ball of yarn never seems to get smaller!!! just finished 4th pair of wrist/hand warmers. linknit41

purplravioli
05-19-2009, 11:07 AM
I think 5

Danica (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTdanica.html) scarf, DROPS cable bag (http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=98&d_id=54&lang=us), the second side of the Brea (http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/brea/brea.html) bag, a needle case (http://dawnprickett.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html), and I'm re-knitting the Urchin (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATTurchin.html) hat because I made it too small the first time.

Edit: Nevermind that, I have six now. Couldn't stop myself from starting the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/star-crossed-slouchy-beret). hahaha