PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE ENTRELAC

purplravioli
05-19-2009, 01:52 AM
I've got to admit, I thought entrelac was going to be really confusing, and it was, at first. But I went through a tutorial (http://wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/index.php/Yarnpath/comments/all_aboard_the_entrelac_express/) from Yarnpath and now I'm loving it!
It looks so beautiful when done correctly.

I'm knitting the Danica (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTdanica.html) scarf from Knitty in black and light grey and I love it.

I wish it was winter, just so I could wear this scarf as soon as I finish it.

Jan in CA
05-19-2009, 02:07 AM
:thumbsup: Most anything you can do with knitting isn't as hard as it looks. Good for you for sticking with it. Entrelac is really cool!

HollyP
05-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Way to go sticking too it and figuring out the secret. I love the looks and comments I get when when I have knit something entrelac. They make me feel like a knitting genius!! Can't wait to see your scarf when it is done!

purplravioli
05-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

VictoiseC
05-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I've been meaning to try it for a year or so. I've just got to get around to it. Not a summer item though I think.

Nanaof6
05-25-2009, 12:56 PM
I want to make a shawl using the Entrelac technique. But I haven't because it looks way to complicated for me. I think of myself as still a beginner knitter.

I am always in awe of knitters that can do the Entrelac knitting.

HollyP I want that feeling one day 'knitting genius!'.

suzeeq
05-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Go ahead and try a scarf just for practice. The Yarnpath tutorial mentioned above is wide enough it can be a scarf when you're done. If you use a variegated yarn instead of 2 or 3 colors, you can just keep knitting with it, don't have to cut at the end of each section or weave in ends when you're done.

Ingrid
05-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I made a blanket with Noro Silk Garden and it turned out beautifully without having to change colors.

If there is something that you want to knit, just go for it. What do you have to lose? Jan's right--it is always easier than it looks.:thumbsup:

mathwizard
05-26-2009, 07:34 AM
I would go ahead and wear the scarf. I was in my local Bagel World Shop to get a bagel and coffee and there was a lady in front of me wearing the most beautiful scarf which was hand made. It was made with some ribbon type of yarn and I could see knitted and crochet stitches. She had it wrapped around her neck and the ends were long and dangley and the temp that day was in the seventies. Looked nice and went well with her outfit. Make it and go ahead and wear your work and let everyone see it so they can ooh and ahh over it!:woot: