PDA

View Full Version : **Apps for iPhone**

Simone
05-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I was wondering if anyone has or recommends any good applications for the iPhone. Right now I use Knit Minder Lite.

Just curious :)

TrikkeAddict
05-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Wow, I didn't even know that there were knitting apps. I'm going to be looking at them all for my Touch to see what would be helpful. I already checked out the knitminder lite and that looks like a good one (and free)!!!

Jan in CA
05-19-2009, 12:45 PM
My friend has the Knit Minder and loves it!

Simone
05-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I really like the Knit Minder Lite so much that I might actually buy the full version.

purplravioli
05-19-2009, 03:53 PM
I have the iKnit Needle Sizer, and it works pretty well.
It's a little hard to do crochet hooks on it, but it gets knitting needle sizes pretty much spot on.

It's great if you have the Options set or some other needles without sizes imprinted on them, and don't have your needle sizer nearby.

lorikc
05-20-2009, 03:52 PM
I have KnitGauge, iKnit Ndlszr, and Stitch Minder. All are useful. I haven't tried KnitMinder yet. KnitGauge is great for figuring out how many stitches per inch and determining gauge. Stitch Minder was free and it's a good row counter for one project, except I need to extend the time before the screen goes blank, otherwise it's pushing several buttons just to add one row to the counter.

My favorite is YarnPirateer; not because it's a good app (it's not until they update it with a lot of modifications) but because it has the coolest icon of skull and crossed knitting needles! (And it's free!)

Simone
05-20-2009, 03:57 PM
LOL..that is a pretty cool icon!! I have to look at that. Knit Minder is like YarnPirateer. I have to increase the time of the window too, because it keeps sleeping on me. I'm not that fast a knitter! LOL

And on another note, I had to rip the entire thing again today!! I know how to do cables but I've never had to do them so I'm learning and I keep forgetting to k3 at the beginning and end :( I think I'm just going to have to write the whole thing out ....*pouting*