PDA

View Full Version : Problems with yarn joining

jerrylynn
05-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I am new to knitting and getting very frustrated. I have started my project over about 4 times now cause I keep getting the same problem. When I have knitted about 4 rows at my very last stitch I get a piece of yarn that connects both sides together. I am using a circular needle. Can someone please tell me how to fix this and what I am doing wrong. I don't know if I am even posting this message right.

Thanks
Jerry

suzeeq
05-20-2009, 10:29 AM
It seems like you're knitting in the round instead of back and forth. You'll have to start over - Cast on your stitches and turn your needle just like you do with a straight needle. The working yarn will be on the left hand needle, take the right needle and knit a row. When you get to the end of that row, turn for the next row. You may have looked at the video for using circular needles where you join your stitches, but that's only when you want to knit in the round and make a tube. Just don't join your work.

jerrylynn
05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
It seems like you're knitting in the round instead of back and forth. You'll have to start over - Cast on your stitches and turn your needle just like you do with a straight needle. The working yarn will be on the left hand needle, take the right needle and knit a row. When you get to the end of that row, turn for the next row. You may have looked at the video for using circular needles where you join your stitches, but that's only when you want to knit in the round and make a tube. Just don't join your work.

Thank you that worked now I hope I can get done before my daughter delivers.