PDA

View Full Version : Sock Yarn Clubs

tgwillis
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
What are the best sock yarn clubs?

knittingymnast
06-10-2009, 10:24 AM
I've heard that there is a Socks That Rock yarn club and that it's pretty good. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but...

emmilen
06-14-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm in the Socks That Rock club and Woolgirl's club, and I have to say that for the money, Woolgirl's is a far better deal--beautiful yarns and patterns, as well as lots of really cool goodies. The clubs are pricey, though--over $200 each. I had to save my pennies to join both, that's for sure.

Woolgirl also offers a by-the-month club (I think this year it's Wizard of Oz themed), so you get to decide each month whether you want that month's club goodies. There are other sock clubs that offer the same pay-as-you-go participation.

lulubell
06-14-2009, 11:05 PM
I have just got the first parcel from the 1st ever sock club I have joined. It is at www.vintagepurls.co.nz. I cannot say what was in my parcel as some overseas people may not have got theirs yet (only 45 total in world). I am very happy with the yarn and love the pattern, it is done in a way I have never tried before. We get a parcel sent out in June, July and August.

tgwillis
06-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Are there any quarterly clubs? It is mostly different yarn I am looking for are there any clubs that focus on just the yarn?

knitpurlgurl
06-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm interested to hear everyone's clubs myself. I LOVE knitting socks, but until I start knitting pairs - I'm afraid I'm not going to join any sock clubs. :P