PDA

View Full Version : Sarah's Yarns or WEBS?

knittingymnast
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I want to order some Jaggerspun Zephyr Laceweight from either Sarah's yarns or WEBS. I'm not sure who would be better to order from. It's basically the same prices (Sarah's Yarns - http://sarahsyarns.com/JSZephyr_218.html $9.50 for 630 yards per 2 oz. VS. WEBS - http://www.yarn.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/81A4FA2F-70E3-4725-9DDC-88B60BCFBF1C/productID/1217613D-2274-41DC-92DD-89C16EA86C50/ $9.58 for 630 yards per 2 oz.)
One thing that I was really looking for was a continuous skein/ball of this, which Sarah's Yarns has. Has anyone had any experience ordering from either of these places recently, because I haven't. Anything would appreciated. :muah:

Craw
06-17-2009, 06:18 PM
I have never heard of Sarah's yarns but I've ordered from Webs quite a few times and they're great. They're not that far from me, only a few hours away in the next state over, so shipping is very speedy. Shipping rates are very reasonable and if you have to call customer service w/questions they're very helpful. Looks like Webs may make a continuous skein of this too as it's wound off a larger cone.

Freyja
06-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I have ordered from Sarah's yarn a few times.
Ordering went great. I love the Jaggerspun Zephyr, it is my favorite.
Sarah's yarn has two or three sales a year - 15% off.
I have never ordered from Webs.

Mirl56
06-18-2009, 06:26 AM
I would compare the final prices, ie, shipping charges, to see which is cheaper. Sounds like people have used both and been happy with both.

Jeremy
06-18-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm a loyal WEBS user. Service has been great with good quality stuff. The staff there is very helpful.

GinnyG
06-18-2009, 01:48 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE WEBS, have never had a bad experience.

They have a 25% discount if you spend over a certain amount, I save up my order and always get the discount.

cftwo
06-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I've often ordered from Webs, and find their service great. The only drawback is that sometimes the # of skeins they have listed as in stock is not accurate - they'll let you know, but if you want 10 skeins and they say they have 15, be aware that you might not be able to have your order filled.

hartleystudio
06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
I was actually thinking of using that yarn for a project and ordered two samples from Sara. When you order a sample you are supposed to get a color card but she was out. She sent the yarn but never the color card. I'm sure I could have called to remind her but it's been so long now, about 4 months. I could swear that of the two samples she sent me, one isn't the yarn I asked for. It's marked correctly but feels like it has cotton in it and doesn't feel anything like the other. I was interested in the cone as well. I didn't want to be snotty and call to ask if there was a possibility there could have been a mistake, and that's my fault. Not I'm so backed up on projects that I won't have time for the sweater anyway.

SO, maybe that isn't helpful since I'm the one that should have called and addressed my problem with my order. She does have quick service, good prices and she was very kind on the phone. Maybe call her and tell her that there is another place selling yarn for the same price and could she give you a small discount to make the sale???

Good luck!!