PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got The Hang Of It

Knitting_Guy
06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
I've never been able to go back and pick up a dropped stitch properly. It just never quite looks right. Last night I finally figured it out. I had dropped a stitch and didn't notice it until a few rounds later.

I got out my crochet hook and managed to pick it up and work it up to the current round.

I took my time and worked it up and when I was finished I couldn't even tell a stitch was dropped. It matched up with everything else perfectly. Now that I finally figured out how to do it properly it's hard to believe it's taken me this long to get it. Ah well, live and learn. :D

Jan in CA
06-25-2009, 03:28 PM
:yay: Nice to hear from you!

globaltraveler
06-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Yay!

ArtLady1981
06-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Great work, Mason!

I've been missing your comments and wry humor here at KH. I might not be looking in the right places!

I keep track of your JOEUSER blog!
But was never able to re-join your Twitter club. It's still on lockdown.

How's the raglan striped pullover coming along?? It's gonna be a beaut!

dreamsherl
06-25-2009, 07:16 PM
:thumbsup:

bambi
06-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Wohoo! Swing by and teach me! :yay:

Bambi

Knitting_Guy
06-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Great work, Mason!

I've been missing your comments and wry humor here at KH. I might not be looking in the right places!

I keep track of your JOEUSER blog!
But was never able to re-join your Twitter club. It's still on lockdown.

How's the raglan striped pullover coming along?? It's gonna be a beaut!

Thanks. I'm not getting online as much these days as the economy has made free wifi sites harder and harder to find.

The Twitter account is gone, I deleted it as I had a stalker there. I've started a new one (that I haven't used much at all) under the name "gpstrucker".

The striped raglan is on hold for a while. I was starting to run out of yarn for it (very big math mistake on my part) and I also made a huge mistake in a sleeve that I just haven't brought myself to tear out and fix. All those color joins to undo will be some major work. I'll finish it eventually.

In the meantime I've started another turtleneck. I plan to do a little cable work in this one.

Crycket
06-26-2009, 12:07 AM
wow...a stalker...that sucks!

Good for you...doesn't learning something new really just make the day all that much brighter!

mathwizard
06-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Nice avatar! Using a hook is very handy when knitting. I can always fix the knit stitch but doing the purl one , no no. I just fix all stitches the knitted way. I looked at your pictures and the ugly hat isn't ugly! I like it and the tie. Nice to see you post.

knitpurlgurl
06-26-2009, 08:14 AM
I just recently 'got it' too... Crochet hooks are awesome for that!

gingerbread
06-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Glad to see you are doing fine. I was just thinking of you the other day. You haven't been on lately.
Sorry to hear that the sleeve is giving you some trouble. You do such good work. I am sure it will work out for you down the line.

OffJumpsJack
06-26-2009, 12:48 PM
I've never been able to go back and pick up a dropped stitch properly. It just never quite looks right. Last night I finally figured it out. I had dropped a stitch and didn't notice it until a few rounds later.

I got out my crochet hook and managed to pick it up and work it up to the current round.

I took my time and worked it up and when I was finished I couldn't even tell a stitch was dropped. It matched up with everything else perfectly. Now that I finally figured out how to do it properly it's hard to believe it's taken me this long to get it. Ah well, live and learn. :D

That just means you haven't had enough practice. Which kind of means you're now showing off. :eyebrow2:

:)

Ronda
06-27-2009, 11:03 AM
:cheering:

KnittingNat
06-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Mason, glad to hear you're fine! I usually pick up stitches and don't mind how it looks, because when i block the finished piece - it straightens out everything.

Knitting_Guy
06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Good for you...doesn't learning something new really just make the day all that much brighter!
Yes, it does.

Knitting_Guy
06-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Which kind of means you're now showing off. :eyebrow2:

:)
Not at all. Screwing up is screwing up. :D

victoria arms
06-28-2009, 08:28 AM
I love learning how to do something new. Congrats on picking up a dropped stitch.

lulubell
06-28-2009, 10:11 PM
If you can get your hands on a knitting machine needle try that for picking up dropped stitches, I find them exellent as they have a little latch hook thing that makes it all so much easier.