PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite gadgets

motherpink
07-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey guys!

I have a neat little gadget that I some use when I have lost a stitich or two half way in knitting.

I call it a stitch retrever, It's a picks up the lost stitches, here is a picture of it.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/lorricc/Other%20stuff/Photo-0033.jpg

Have you guys got a favourite gadget/s in knitting.

nemaent
07-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Handy Dandy! I've never seen that before. I always use a crochet hook (with an emphasis on ALWAYS.....) Where did you find that?

I don't have a favorite tool, but I've gotten on the habit of placing a marker every 10-20 stitches so it's way easier to figure out if I've dropped a stitch along the way.

mathwizard
07-01-2009, 05:07 PM
I have seen that before it is used by knitters for hiding ends but it was originally made for weavers at their looms. I use a crochet hooks for dropped stitches but Lily Chin uses it in her hands on knitting seminars for hiding ends.
My favorite tool is a stitch holder. It looks like a knitting needle and has a rubber stopper on the end. I will post a picture of it. I would get more except they don't make them anymore.

Jeremy
07-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I've been knitting a lot of lace lately and find I'm using tons of stitch markers. It really saves a lot of time seeing if or where I've gone wrong.

knitasha
07-01-2009, 05:38 PM
A package of cinnamon scented dental floss.
It's perfect for lifelines and the cutter can be used to cut yarn (great on planes, where you can't take scissors). Smells nice, too.

tokmom
07-02-2009, 09:20 AM
I use a gadget sort of like that, except it has a crochet hook on one end and a knitting needle on the other. It's small too, about 4 inches long?

princessmomma
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
A package of cinnamon scented dental floss.
It's perfect for lifelines and the cutter can be used to cut yarn (great on planes, where you can't take scissors). Smells nice, too.

What a clever idea! I'm not a fan of cinnamon, but I could go with the unscented or mint variety for the same thing.