PDA

View Full Version : Pets

mathwizard
07-13-2009, 08:04 AM
As I was sitting at the pc and reading the posts I had to laugh. My only other female in the house turned on my printer! It is covered but she stepped on the right spot and the whirring noises started and it warmed up. I wonder what she wanted to print, lol lol!!! By the way she is this beautiful cat:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2525/3715944539_021ff7e1e3_m.jpg

Woodi
07-13-2009, 05:23 PM
I agree, she is one beautiful cat. I have 3 furbaby felines, and they keep me hopping too. The keyboard is a fun place for them. I wonder if they would like to play games online?

ArtLady1981
07-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Kitties make life so darn interesting! They are a HOOT!

globaltraveler
07-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I used to work out of a home office. I had a phone that sat on the desk, originally, but soon had to put it up on the wall, because I'd be talking to clients on the phone, and my tabby cat would decide to walk over the desk...and proceed to hang up the phone by stepping on the base!

cherishedtiger
07-13-2009, 06:57 PM
I too have 3 fur babies! One of which has claimed my lap permanently. And when the nitting stuff comes out, it seems my lap is not only a place to sleep but now play time as well.
I cant do anything with out her in my lap. But she is very loved so she tends to get away with it!

Oh, her name is fitting too: Mischief

Leania
07-13-2009, 07:13 PM
My cat is mostly behaved; she'll stay hidden until my son is asleep then come out and explore. When she's done exploring she usually jumps up on the arm of my chair and flicks her fluffy tail in my face. I've recently finished a pillow (you'll find it in the FO topic) and had extra yarn left from color changes. I've tied them all together and now she has one long string to play with.
Sometimes I roll my yarn into a ball; instead of chasing it when it rolls across the floor, she'll lay on the string leading up to my work. Her name's Chloe.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/Kytera/SandiscPics382.jpg

As you can see by the image, nothing is safe from her.

lulubell
07-13-2009, 08:39 PM
My baby is Bluebell and that is her photo in my avatar (is that the right word). She loves to help me knit, sew, spin (she sits on my knee while I am spinning so every bobbin of wool has Bluebell fur in it) and is fascinated with the drum carder.

Actually she looks very grumpy in that photo, I think I had taken too many photos that night!

mathwizard
07-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Chloe looks like Fluffy. Fluffy's has tail hairs 6" in length as I measured them. I can always tell she is nearby as she flicks me with her tail. Bluebell reminds me of Thor my Siamese who when he was a kitten jumped on my computer and hit the keys with his paw. I laughed when he tried to chase the pointer after he discovered the mouse pad! They are so helpful! My house is bug free as they chase and eat anything which gets in. I am usually lucky they don't sit on my knitting or crochet but beside it.
> You cats are beautiful! I loved looking at their pictures!:yay:If my knitting doesn't relax me then petting one of my lovelies does. SOOOO relaxing!

OffJumpsJack
07-14-2009, 10:00 AM
As I was sitting at the pc and reading the posts I had to laugh. My only other female in the house turned on my printer! It is covered but she stepped on the right spot and the whirring noises started and it warmed up. I wonder what she wanted to print, lol lol!!! By the way she is this beautiful cat: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2525/3715944539_021ff7e1e3_m.jpg

To a cat, a printer is just a noisy "bun" or bed warmer. :eyebrow2:

But then my dog thinks my wooden chairs are his teething toys...

Vertigo1414
07-14-2009, 12:10 PM
i was out with the girls friday night and one of them was telling me her BF wanted to give their cat Spike a ball of yarn since he'd never had one. She was working on a scarf and near the end of the skein so she rolled it up for him and he went crazy with it. he said later that night she was knitting and he seemed to think it was his ball cause he started to try smacking it around.

KnittingNat
07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
While reading this thread one of my cats went to sleep on my knitted knitting bag... He doesn't touch the yarn when i'm looking, but he likes to be near it ;)

mathwizard
07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Hello Jack! It has been a while since I saw a post of yours, Welcome back! I must be reading the wrong places as I enjoy your posts as well as the others in the group!!! My Siamese, Thor, seems to like laying on my yarn as some yarn has a higher warmth factor than others. Now a teething dog, how about a chew toy?

OffJumpsJack
07-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Hello Jack! It has been a while since I saw a post of yours, Welcome back! I must be reading the wrong places as I enjoy your posts as well as the others in the group!!! My Siamese, Thor, seems to like laying on my yarn as some yarn has a higher warmth factor than others. Now a teething dog, how about a chew toy?

..Looking for post in all the wrong places... LOL
:roflhard:

Nope, I was on vacation. Visiting my parent, in-laws, etc. Long drive there and back again. I'm almost to tired to knit. :sad:

Thanks for the warm welcome back! :)

mathwizard
07-16-2009, 08:09 AM
You are Welcome! I enjoy reading your comments as well as the many others ! Do you ever get too tired to not knit? I only stop when my eyes are really burning!:thumbsup:

Chrysee
07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Thankfully my cat stays away from my knitting. Although if I ever left my bag open, I'm sure he'd climb in.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/Chrysee/DSCN0107.jpg

mathwizard
07-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Your cat is beautiful!! What kind is he? i know Siamese have beautiful blue eyes and your cat's are just as blue!

Chrysee
07-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Atrus is a purebred Ragdoll. They are a pointed breed, like Siamese (which is why his eyes are blue), but he has a bicolor pattern so he has a lot more white and the markings on his face like that. He will get close to 20lbs when full grown, so I do hope he stops trying to fit into my knitting bag by then.