PDA

View Full Version : Learned my lesson

Vertigo1414
07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
So last night i went out with some friends to celebrate my birthday (23 today...) and when i got home i was still kinda buzzed, but not tired (don't worry i had a friend drive me). So i thought i'd knit a little on the pillow i've been working on, it's a simple pattern. Stockinette stitch, but you slip a stitch every 5. Well i guess i couldn't remember that last night cause i picked it up this morning and i just knit all the way across, for 4 rows...so lesson learned. NO DRUNK KNITTING, IF YOU CAN'T DRIVE YOU CAN'T KNIT!

ArtLady1981
07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
So true! :happydance:

If I indulge in my glass of white wine in the evening...I can't knit anymore after that. I just can't keep my eyes open. :teehee: I can watch TV...but no knitting!

KnittingNat
07-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Happy birthday!!! And yes - no drink and knit:thumbsup: I barely keep my eyes open even without drinking after 10pm:teehee:

Jan in CA
07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
:roflhard: Oh no, I've heard of that sort of thing happening from knitters in my social knitting group, too.

Just to add to this.. one of the knitters has a problem with Ambien CR. She sleep walks..and apparently sleep knits. Boy did she mess up a sweater a few months ago. :zombie:

Sknitter56
07-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Well, at least you can't get a ticket for drinkin' and knittin'! I try to knit during my lunch hour, but after a couple of rows my head's down on the table and I'm out like a light.

margz3
07-15-2009, 11:07 AM
:
Just to add to this.. one of the knitters has a problem with Ambien CR. She sleep walks..and apparently sleep knits. Boy did she mess up a sweater a few months ago. :zombie:

:zombie: Sleep KNITTING - wow!! :teehee:

Happy Birthday Vertigo! :)

I can knit with a glass of wine or 2, but after that, fugedaboudit!! I learned my lesson the hard way as well :teehee:

shifio
07-17-2009, 01:06 PM
never paint you toe nails tipsy either , boy do they look good until you wake up :rofl:

MoniDew
07-17-2009, 01:22 PM
can't wait to hear from Mason (knittingguy) on this one! Evidently, drinking and knitting can coexist peacefully, if only for him!